Searching for old friends

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Searching for old friends

Postby BritinDallas » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:32 pm

I lived in Campbeltown in 1968. I was from London and my then husband Larry was stationed at RAF Machrinhanish. I'd love to hear any news of old friends, Tom and Flora Brown (Ardshiel Hotel), Maria Grumoli, Renee McCallum, Margaret MacDonald, Una Morrison and Ailsa Stewart, among so many others. My name then was Carolyn Hanson. I now live in Dallas, Texas and have remarried.
BritinDallas
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Searching for old friends

Postby Mary G » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi Carolyn, and welcome!

While you are not quite in my era, I know a couple of the folk you mention, and I am certain that there are people here who can help you get in touch with some of them.

All the best on your voyage of discovery!
M
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby SHUG » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:59 am

From Una.

My husband and I are in Australia travelling the world and at his sister right now. Speaking to Maria lastnight she mentioned your name etc etc and thru Margt McDonald was told about your search on the Kintyre Forum.

Your email was a bolt out of the blue and your name has been mentioned often when we talk about the old days out at the Drome.

We are still old friends and will be meeting up with Renee who is now in Florida and married to Jerry Jahr. Renee was back home staying with Wee Margaret last month. She and Alex will be visiting Florida in October.

Maria was married and has been divorced for the past 9 years and lives next door to us in her late mum and dad's flat at Royal Avenue Mansions, 8 Hall Street, Campbeltown, PA28 6BU.

We will be passing thru Dallas on the plane on our way to Longboat Key, FL on 9th October and will then be there for a month at our holiday home across the Pond. Our phone number in Florida after 9th October until 6 November is
941-383-3876 so look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind Regards

Una Davis (Morrison)
SHUG
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby BritinDallas » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Una, how wonderful to hear from you and have news of everyone. I shall ring you when you're in Florida. In the meantime, my email address is: akabuttoneyes@yahoo.com

It is so lovely to hear about you all again - like finding buried treasure!

Carolyn Reedy (Hanson)
BritinDallas
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!