Christabel Butter

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Christabel Butter

Postby Kenneth » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:25 am

I'm not sure who all would remember us, but my mom Christabel Butter passed away last August 14th, here in Ontario Canada. We all have fond memories of the wee 'toon, and often spoke of the families we knew growing up on Hillside Road. We imigrated to Canada in 1957, but have been back a few times since.
My late brother was Donald or Donnie and my sister is Kathleen. Growing up I had chums with family names such as Trapp, Hume, Wooten, McCallum, Gay, McManus. My father,Donald was a fisherman, and later bought a wee van and sold fish around the area, and then he sold merchandise for a company in Oban, I believe called Sloans. It's been too long I fear, and trying to reconnect after such a long time is difficult. I have been in touch with two of my old pals though and happy to have done so. I remember my late mother telling us stories of wonderful characters like "Rovin Rita" "Ducha the Rat" " Floorie bags" to name a few. Modern life isn't nearly as colouful or interesting. :)
Kenneth
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Location: 3 Hillside Road, Campbeltown, then Cornwall, Ontario, Canada

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!