Class of 1980 School Reunion

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Re: Class of 1980 School Reunion

Postby knock » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Well, Neil Jackson is coming and I think Neil Smith is too so maybe its Neil McKinnon that left the message.
Ags, I ducked down in the car when you came out of the burnside last night, just in case you all persuaded me to run you hame :lol: :lol: :lol:
Auld man seems to have enjoyed himself, he had to go back to bed this morning for a wee lie down aka hungover :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoy tonight
knock
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby amron » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Fab night last night really enjoyed it and glad I did a cinderella lots of mad people still partying at 6 this morn :lol: :lol: . Looking forward to tonight :D :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby amron » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:03 pm

bigchang wrote:you never know maybe make contact with one of the lads during. :D so you could say i'll be there too.

And he made it here you are catching up with the boys an emotional one Im sure
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bigchang » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:54 am

it was cool speakin to the boys, 4am my time. :D
Do i know you?
my names Will, you've never seen me before!
maybe I'll see you again then Will.
I hold up buses........
bigchang
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby 300968 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 pm

What a brilliant weekend!!!! and I do mean weekend!!! Thanks to all the people who travelled to be here....it was very much appreciated by the committee. You all really put to shame the people who had no distance to travel, but who never played a part for what ever reason!!!!! Still, they were the only loosers over the weekend because they missed the time of their lives!!!!!! It was a shame that some people who had intended to come had to miss out due to unforseen circumstances. It was great to catch up with everyone and hope to see you all again before the next one.
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Tom B » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:48 pm

had a great time - thanks to the committee and all the other organisers. Good to see everyone again!! - great night

thanks
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm kind of lost for words for once! What an absolutely fantastic weekend ...from the very minute we hit the pub on Friday to decorating the hall on Saturday, Saturdays "official" night followed by the "unofficial" soiree, and back to the Burnside on Sunday where the atmosphere was truly electric.......I don't think I have ever enjoyed a weekend so much! My face aches with laughing! I can't believe I am still awake tonight but I'm still high that it all went so well! As echoed by 300968 thank you so much to everyone who travelled to be here and yes the only losers were the ones who didn't want to know! :shock:
Maybe we should say a wee thank you to the other halfs for not nagging us too much over the weekend :lol: or am I just lucky that Iain was so busy he didn't notice I wasn't here :lol:
Block booking to the Priory has been booked for January guys cos we still have a bit of partying to do this year :D
Last edited by Ags on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ags » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:38 pm

Oops....head mince!! I have the "official" photos in the Oystercatcher for the next 2 days if any of you want to pop in for a wee look!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby amron » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Oh official ones already cant wait I will pop in tomorrow Ags, what a great weekend had a fab time, I added my 100 last night and will get them printed tomorrow. Totally shattered :D :D but worth it...
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Tom B » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:56 pm

Did the 2 "We are the Champions" episodes ever get posted to Youtube or elsewhere?
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:51 pm

I wondered why this was top of the threads again TomB. I thought you were maybe wondering if there was a "one year on" party in The Burnside this September :D . Believe me, if it was up to Catrona, there would be :lol:
I'm not sure if anything was ever posted but I will certainly ask around. There may be some partying going on this weekend, I believe a few of our overseas friends are in town :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Tom B » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Ags wrote:I wondered why this was top of the threads again TomB. I thought you were maybe wondering if there was a "one year on" party in The Burnside this September :D . Believe me, if it was up to Catrona, there would be :lol:
I'm not sure if anything was ever posted but I will certainly ask around. There may be some partying going on this weekend, I believe a few of our overseas friends are in town :D

...have found a copy now and am getting it sent to me - thanks. Will miss this weekend's drinks in the town unfortunately, but I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves! - have a good one.
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LowMac » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:47 pm

I have a photo, taken at the reunion, of the original "Champions". I will pass it on to Agnes, who might post it on here for me.
LowMac
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ags » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:40 pm

The Class of 1980 reunion comittee decided to remain "together" for the planning of future events and agreed to have two get togethers a year, one of these "meetings" being around Christmas.
This year we have decided to hold an "open to all class of 1980 pupils" get together on Sunday 27th December in the Burnside Bar at 2pm. Food will be provided. I will post a reminder and more info nearer the time but meantime, get the date in your diary. Everybody I have mentioned this to has already heard so well done Catrona :lol:
I spoke to Lowmac today and she will email me the "champions" photo.
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!