any info appreciated :) Campbell @ ardnacross/peninver

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

any info appreciated :) Campbell @ ardnacross/peninver

Postby littlecampbell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:22 pm

Hello all :)

I just started researching my family in Scotland, and any information any one has would be so appreciated.

What I do know is that my Grandfather (Dugald, aka. Douglas, Doug) was born @ Ardnacross Cottage, Peninver area, near Campbeltown on Nov 1, 1921.

His parents were Jeanie (Wilson) Campbell & Neil Campbell.

Siblings:

Archibald
Barbara
Elizabeth

I was recently fortunate enough to visit Campbeltown in May. A very nice lady at a store in town got directions from her mother that lead me right to the door of the home @ Ardnacross, and I have been pouring over all the information I can find about the area ever since. Conflicting info keeps coming up though due to the Ardnacross Farm in Mull, and of course Campbell being a very common family name for the entire area.

So once again I am calling out for help and info that anyone might have, even if its about any other family that might have been at this Ardnacross Farm/Cottage in Peninver.

Thank you :)

Tania
littlecampbell
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: any info appreciated :) Campbell @ ardnacross/peninver

Postby Annie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:00 pm

I guess your best bet would have been to talk to the Watson family that own Ardnacross Farm. (That is if they still do.)
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!