Seeking mates from Cambeltown Grammar School 1972-74

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Re: Seeking mates from Cambeltown Grammar School 1972-74

Postby TYM » Fri May 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Hello John,

I have only just noticed this thread.

I think I remember you. Apart from the red hair, I seem to remember you were quite tall.

I doubt if you will remember me although I think I may have beat you at chess a couple of times!

Apart from Alex, some other names you may recall are Sandy Watson, Neil Bone and Alastair Dobbie. Possibly also Tommy Millar but then there were two of us which makes it a bit easier to remember.

I believe there is some talk of a School Reunion somtime soon and I notice that Abbey Craig may well have you already in his sights as he was also in your year in school.

All the best

TYM
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Jon keast » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi,

My name is Jonathon Keast I am looking to correspond with with someone that was in my class in the early seventies.
I first went to Glenn Bar Primary School. My picture is on the "Down Memory Lane" web site for this school. I am in the 3rd photo from the top "Glenbarr Primary School 1972"
and I am sitting on the floor with the brown and red striped shirt. Also, I went to Dalentober. My class's photo is on the "Down Memory Lane" site also but the photo was taken after I returned to America. The photo is the 14th from the top "Dalintober Primary School - P7 - 1977" I remember most of the people in these 2 classes and would like to talk to any of them. Can you help?

J.K.
Jon keast
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Annie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Kind of sad to see the houses refurbished and the old main gate about to crumble.
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby RedhairedYank » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi, Tommy ! Yes I do remember BOTH tommy Millars... also Sandy and Alastair Dobbie. Alex McKinnon gave me info about Neil Bone and I'm hoping to contact him soon. Always thought Sandy had the darkest hair for someone with his name. His face and yours (depending on which Tommy I'm corresponding with here) sprang into my mind as I read your post.
I was in the chess club and as I remember it I was usually right aroung 5-10 on the ladder. Occasionally I made it a little higher, but was kicked back down within a few matches. I could give most anyone a challenging game though.

I can be messaged on the board if anyone wants to reach me, I'm not sure of policy regarding posting my email address here.
John

"Do not consume if foil seal is not intact"
RedhairedYank
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby RedhairedYank » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:11 pm

I was reviewing Tommy's comments and I don't recall being tall, but I guess I was at the time. I was 5'8" when I was in Campbeltown at age 14 and I only gained an inch in height over the years, many inches have been put into other dimensions over the years though. My old documents list me at 140 lbs. and 5'8", so I was fairly skinny then. When I was at University and on the boxing team I weighed in at 195 for most matches and that was age 20 (when I was in the best condition in my life 8) ) .
John

"Do not consume if foil seal is not intact"
RedhairedYank
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby gabbygill » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:45 pm

Nice to see this attracts people from all over the world, if you were in the same class as Sandy and Arthur etc there is a reunion next May for all that class. I live in Glasgow but am coming home for it and I'm sure many more will also the last one 10 years ago was a great laugh. I'm one of the girls from that year tho sadly not now a girl!! Hit 50 early this year and it's not all bad!!! It would be a great pressie for your wife for your 50th to come over!!!! I made it ot Texas in May. Hope to see you maybe
Gillian Buchan (Dunn)
gabbygill
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Previous

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!