Searching for any Family members left in Campbeltown

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Searching for any Family members left in Campbeltown

Postby Rosemary Scott » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi there, does anybody remember the Scott family.They used to live in Drumore Cottages then moved to above the Co-op Building Broom Brae for many years.My Grandparents were Rosina (Ina) & James Scott. They had 6 sons & 2 daughters.The boys were James,Archie,Jack,Tommy,Alec & Andy the girls were Chrissie & Mary.My father was the eldest son sadly killed in WW2 serving in the Scots Guards.My mother then moved South but I went every summer to stay the whole school hols with Granny & Grandad in Campbeltown.I know where some of the family are but just wondered if there are any cousins still in Campbeltown.I visited Campbeltown last November and a couple of chaps in the Davaar Bar remembered Tommy he was a painter come customs officer.Alec used to drive the Co-op van out to all the farms etc:he was married to Bella McGowan related to the Taylors from The Walk.Archie worked with the Post Office as a linesman.Andy was with the Police in Strathclyde,Jack moved down to Northampton.Alas all my Uncles and one of my Aunts have died there is one aunt in Dunoon and Tommy's widow still lives in Campbeltown.Would be pleased to hear from anyone who knew of the family
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Searching for any Family members left in Campbeltown

Postby Andrew_N_Scott » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Rosemary

I think thre is a strong possiblity we are related.

My Grandparents (on my Dad's side) both came from Campbeltown - Jack Scott and Ria Brodie. Sadly they have both passed away, Jack in 1996 and Ria only last year. From the description you have posted I recognise most of the family members you have posted. Uncel Andy was in the Police Force (I think he has also passed away), howver Alex is still alive.

Jack and Ria had 4 children - Jim (my dad), Helen, Ian and Aileen.

Please post a reply if you want to get in touch - I love hearing from family members and I am very keen to gain an understanding of my family history. I am planning to visit Campbeltown next year (I have not been since 1980) as I want to show my children how beautiful it is up there.

Hope you are well and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care

Andrew
Andrew_N_Scott
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Searching for any Family members left in Campbeltown

Postby Rosemary Scott » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Andrew
It certainly looks as if we are related.Your Grandad and Granny was my Uncle Jack & Aunt Ria.Are you by any chance Jim Scotts son? I am not too clued up on a lot of the cousins etc.Yes Campbeltown is a beautiful place I was home last in 2009 for a week and stayed at Peninver where your Grandad and Granny used to stay,the time before that was in 2007 and I stayed at Craigard where I was born which was lovely.Any way if you reply let me know who your Dad is for sure but I think it could be Jim Scott who was called after my Dad and he was killed in WW2.Hope to hear from you soon

Regards - Rosemary
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!