Webcam

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Postby abbey craig » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:19 pm

thats not big robert kolinsky from prague in the czech republic by any chance daftdog :wink:

ive heard he`s very good with his webcam :lol: :wink:
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby daftdog » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:21 pm

abbey craig wrote:thats not big robert kolinsky from prague in the czech republic by any chance daftdog :wink:

ive heard he`s very good with his webcam :lol: :wink:

If its the pianist you are talking about, then no its not.. :wink:
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Rosemary Scott » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:03 pm

Yes the webcam is certainly very popular.I have a look every day and leave it on for a while I've seen boats coming in and out of the loch, but its a great pity that its not a moving camcorder type picture,Now that would be something.I feel I am home again when I see the webcam.Its GRRRRREAT keep it going please.Thank you Rosemary Scott
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Rosemary Scott » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:02 pm

:cry: Hi boys whats bin happenin wi the webcam?Hae ye bin haeing a lot of wind and twisters lately?I have had to stand on ma head a few times just lately.(not good at my time of life for the blood pressure!!)but I am determined to get ma fix each day.
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:35 am

Rosemary Scott wrote::cry: Hi boys whats bin happenin wi the webcam?Hae ye bin haeing a lot of wind and twisters lately?I have had to stand on ma head a few times just lately.(not good at my time of life for the blood pressure!!)but I am determined to get ma fix each day.

What wind?? 8) 8)

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rosemary Scott » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:50 pm

:D Yeah bin fantastic viewing the last week but prior to that looked like the end of the world.However and whatever I wish I was there I am more than happy when I have been on live webcam.Thanx and please keep it going.
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Yes Rosemary - looking over the loch these last few days have been cracking. Looks so different when the weather has been nice but oddly can be more interesting when it is a howling gale! Long may the good weather continue.

I am currently researching the purchase of a new webcam which will hopefully include streaming so you can whats going on. With the sailing boats being loaded into the loch yesterday and the longer daylight ahead there should be more action.

Regards
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rosemary Scott » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi there yet another glorious evening over the loch.Can't wait till you get another cam so you can hopefully stream!! I keep telling my other half he hasn't lived till he's seen Campbeltown forget yer Los Palmos, Florida and all the other hotspots.There's only ONE hotspot I am happy to be in, be it hot or cold. I am working on getting him up to see Campbeltown this year .:D I'm awa for ma fix ee the noo
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Webcam

Postby RedhairedYank » Fri May 02, 2008 4:14 am

I find the webcam fantastic. I can finally show friends where I spent some of my favorite times in my youth. I've several plam trees in my yard here at home and I fondly recall those in Campbeltown. I can show them off to my unbelieving friends here thanks to those who have posted pics on the forom. I just wish I'd found this site years ago.

John
RedhairedYank
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Rosemary Scott » Sat May 17, 2008 2:29 pm

What's haepenin wi the webcam!!!Has the fella who looks efter it gone on his hols?SIX whole days I havn't bin able to see my beloved Campbeltown.I'm feeling really down :( :( Please fix it soon
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Amanda in Texas » Tue May 20, 2008 7:57 pm

I miss it, too. Thanks for running it and I hope it is back soon.
Amanda in Texas
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Sorry folks but I lost my hard drive last week and while I have all my data backed-up (for some reason not my e-mails!) I lost all the application software so the webcam is one of things I am trying to get back on line.

I have however, for some time been looking at purchasing a new webcam and have been speaking to the same company who are providing the new webcam at Westport beach.

http://www.liveontheedge.co.uk/Surfcam.html

Really want to purchase this but at over £800 I don't know when. Think this would be awesome in the loch.

Will try and get the camera up and working asap.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rosemary Scott » Wed May 21, 2008 11:15 am

So sorry to hear you are having problems with the webcam I really really miss it so much.I do hope you can get something sorted until you can maybe get a streamer!What a price though!Would the Council or tourist board not help out with some of the outlay after all its promoting Campbeltown all over the world.Any how good luck with things fingers crossed it won't be long till I can view Campbeltown once more you do a grand job.By the way thanks for the Living on the Edge site I have now logged on to that (temporarily of course.)
Rosemary Scott
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri May 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi there

Just to say the webcam is working again

http://www.campbeltown.info/webcam/index.htm

Sorry, for delay.

Will get back to you with regards the new webcam.

Cheers
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Sat May 24, 2008 11:04 am

Is that fixed just in time to catch a glimpse of the looneys running past tomorrow in the MoK 10k ? Pity there wern't a few more cams along the runs tomorrow. Glad to see it back up SCD. :D
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!