Prince Phillip's visit + Sea Cadets

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Prince Phillip's visit + Sea Cadets

Postby lizc » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:32 am

Does anyone know the date or even the year that Prince Phillip visited and the Sea Cadets were the guard of honour. I know it was the late sixties or very early seventies but a more specific date or year would really helpful to know as I'm trying to get hold of photos of it.
Many thanks

Liz
lizc
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Prince Phillip's visit + Sea Cadets

Postby jdcarra » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:45 am

lizc wrote:Does anyone know the date or even the year that Prince Phillip visited and the Sea Cadets were the guard of honour. I know it was the late sixties or very early seventies but a more specific date or year would really helpful to know as I'm trying to get hold of photos of it.
Many thanks

Liz

lizc

Just noticed you online, i will follow up on this to get date ( 1970?) and check to see if any photos are available. As you know I was one of the cadets at that time, maybe some of the other members will see this and come back with some info. The submarine HMS Churchhill docked at the Nato pier and Prince Philip came ashore, inspected and talked to some of us, then carried on with his duties ashore (my memory is blank to these, were is all the memory people?). As at today, I know of two of our officers still residing in Campbeltown.

JD
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby lizc » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:17 am

Thank you. I really appreciate your time and trouble. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again

Liz
lizc
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Prince Phillip's visit + Sea Cadets

Postby lizc » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi, did any of those photos ever turn up?

The Courier never did get back to me so I'm still waiting for any pics or info about my Brother from anyone out there.

Liz xx
lizc
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!