David & Jean - A Baby Boy

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Postby doogs8 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:36 pm

surely that should be photo of the week???!?!??

the cooncil even put up the flags in Main St on sunday morning!! :wink:
doogs8
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ranald » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:43 pm

Can't believe I only noticed this thread now!

Congratulations to you all :D
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby saphire34 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:05 pm

well done jean! he looks lovely
All the best 2 the 3 of u's. Muriel, Clark, & kids xx
muriel mcilroy
saphire34
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:16 pm

Cheers folks for the postings! :lol:

Jean and Lorne came home last night and both are doing well :lol:

Was quite an experience on Sunday morning with wee Lorne determined to arrive in Campbeltown. Having went to the hospital at 1am we were told we would have to go to Glasgow as Jean was in the early stages of labour. As there was no plane we had to take the road Ambulance and finally set off at 3.30am. However we only got as far as the RAF Base turn off and the paramedics decided that jean should return to Campbeltown as she was in so much discomfort. (btw major thanks to James and Calum - they were even on about bubbly Jock!). So back to the hospital and we were told an air ambulance has been arranged for 6am to take us to Glasgow. 15 minutes later, however, after an examination we got the news that the baby was coming and it would arrive in Campbeltown! :shock: :shock: Although a bit worried I was ecstatic at the prospect of our baby being born in Campbeltown - Jean on the another hand was horrified at the prospect of delivering the baby with no pain relief! :shock: :lol:

Needless to say things slowed down and by 8.30am another plane was arranged to take us to Glasgow to give Jean some assistance as the delivery was not progressing as quickly as hoped! However, much to our relief wee Lorne decided to make an entrance and was born at 10.16am - and another plane was not required.

So as you can see quite an adventure and I am sure a story that many of you can relate to! :wink: Anyway, just glad he is here and healthy and thanks to all the nice postings from the three of us!

D, J and L :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Jonathan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:02 am

I take it there are no labour wards in Campbeltown anylonger? All births go to Glasgow? :?
Jonathan
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby petewick » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:49 am

That's the way it's been for a while Jonathan, lot's of local debate at the time.
Argyll and Clyde Health Board started to ship out all expectant mothers to Paisley Royal or Glasgow.
A&CHB is now under a restructuring programme in light of having to declare an £80million budget defecit.
PETEWICK
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:30 pm

Jonathan wrote:I take it there are no labour wards in Campbeltown anylonger? All births go to Glasgow? :?

You can have your baby in Campbeltown if you wish. However, the general advice is to go to Glasgow where more assistance is available if required - so that is why so many choose for peace of mind. In addition patients can be administered an epidural whereby there is very little in the way of pain relief locally. (as Jean will vouch! :wink: ) More and more parents are choosing to have their second or third babies in Campbeltown.

All we can say is the all round treatment was superb and a massive thanks to Joyce Oborrow and Catriona Dreghorn for their help - superb! :lol: Also to James and Calum for keeping us going amd the wee spin out the road and back! :D

D
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ross » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:16 pm

Congratulations Davie and Jean, another p to add to the clan. Youll be able to get your own bus for the Scotland games goin soon with the rest of the family
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

bus

Postby bubbly jock » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:25 pm

Don't suppose it would dawn on you that he may not want to go to see a football match Ross

Maybe he would rather be intelligent, popular and prefer tennis

I am bubbly
bubbly jock

Re: bus

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:53 pm

bubbly jock wrote:Don't suppose it would dawn on you that he may not want to go to see a football match Ross

Maybe he would rather be intelligent, popular and prefer tennis

I am bubbly

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MumphysMum » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:49 pm

David and Jean - many congratulations to you, glad that everything went well. Lorne looks so sweet. My da' is surprised that I read the news 500 miles away when he's, what, 50 feet away from you! Maybe I'll see you when I'm up again in July?!
MumphysMum
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Baby Lorne

Postby dgraves » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:41 am

Lorne is precious, Davie- You and Jean are truely blessed!

Hidy to y'all from Texas-
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Postby wilma » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:42 pm

Congratulations David & Jean,

Beautiful Lorne you both must be so thrilled.
Im very happy and excited for you both:-)

:lol:
wilma
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Son for Davie & Jean

Postby ktosh » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:20 am

Well Done to you both use must be so prond. :D .Would you belive we heard the news on Sunday while on holiday in Turkey. News from wee toon travels fast. :lol: .AGAIN WELL DONE........
ktosh
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Previous

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!