Where are you viewing from? Please post

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Prague!

Postby Annie » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:22 am

From a wee internet cafe in sunny Prague, enjoying a beer or two!

Darnit! I wish I was there! How is the city recouperating from the flood?

Annie
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:20 pm

No, she did not fall off the side of the earth. She is right here posting from a library near Seattle, Washington. :lol:

I've been able to get on quickly a couple of times, but my daughter won't have her internet connected actually until Tuesday!!! I have had the good fortune to get on an unsecured wireless connection from someone in my daughter's apartment complex. I think if the person were a really good neighbor, he would provide a stronger signal to those popping onto his connection :twisted: It is only a tease to see you are connected, get all excited, start doing something and poof, the connection is gone!

Also, the people in this area might be jealous of all the sunshine you all get in Kintyre. It has rained every day, is cold and has had foggy mornings (I love fog)... (actually, I love rain, too). I'm not so hot on the cold.

Supposedly there is a huge mountain they call Mount Ranier, but I have never seen it. I am questioning its existance. I was talking to a woman working in the supermarket that I was beginning to believe there was no mountain. She assured me there was. So, I asked her which direction the mountain was in.. she had to stop and think and said, "I think it is over that way." So, I said, "AH HA!! Proof positive there IS no mountain!" But, being as I did not want to jump to conclusions, I decided to hold my judgement until I asked someone else. So, I decided to ask maintenance man at the apartment complex who was out working. Where is the mountain? He said.. "Hmmmm.. I THINK it is over in that direction." (A totally different direction than the supermarket lady pointed!) :shock: Now, there are a couple of conclusions I can come to judging by these conversations. I would prefer to think that they are really smart, observant people and there is no mountain :wink:

Will be back to semi regular posting on Tuesday, and back to San Antonio on the 20th. See you all then! :D
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:23 pm

Bubba

They do have that mountain and I have some photos of it on my screensaver. Just go to WEBSHOTS and click on mountains.
It's a wee bit bigger than what we call a hill over here :D
Pete Reek

hi fay the scottish borders

Postby rossco » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:46 pm

hi my name is ross stevens i was born in campbeltown.i left when i was 7ish.i was writtnig to see if anyone remembers me????.hope to hear from who ever.rossco 8)
rossco
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby peenkles21 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:04 pm

Glasgow,where it rains.......alot!!
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Louise » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:40 pm

From my work in Paisley. Heading down the road tonight got a wedding on at The Hunting Lodge tomorrow, fingers crossed it stays dry.
Louise
Louise
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby stewarton lassie » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:27 pm

hi we ve had thunderstorms here in somerset, i was born in the wee toon lived in stewarton till our family moved here 30 years ago get back home when i can
stewarton lassie
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Where are you viewing from? Please post

Postby bakbjerg » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:46 am

Hi,

staying in the heart of Denmark, probably lived on Kintyre in earlier life, and hopefully in nearest future

:lol:
highlander wannabee
http://www.bakbjerg.com (private)
http://www.insu.biz (work)
bakbjerg
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

howdy from texas

Postby rainnken2000 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:55 am

viewing from texas while barbecueing ! multi -tasking !! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
rainnken2000
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 am

You aren't all that far up the road from me, rainnken. Is your husband stationed at Ft Hood?
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:35 am

Hello, I`m new on here, posting from Boston, Lincolnshire, but wishing I was back in Muasdale, where we spent 2 lovely weeks in July. Can`t wait to come back next year.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Christian » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:37 pm

Beek en Donk
Christian
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Brasil

Postby KMillar » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:02 am

On a couple of weeks holiday in Rio De Janeiro :D

It is a fantastic city, with beautiful scenery, friendly people, surrounded with beaches, everything at a fraction of the cost(50p a litre of diesel)(4 pounds for a fillet steak).
Looking forward to tomorrow, going to the maracarena stadium to watch Flamenco play - not much interested in football at home, but it feels really exciting out here.
Boa noite,
Katherine[/b]
KMillar
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:39 pm

Lucky you, KMillar! Will you be posting pics on the new "Photos around the World" section? Sounds like a great vacation.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:27 pm

posting from "Bonnie" Corby(aka Little Scotland)
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!