Hello from Oregon

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hello from Oregon

Postby jfine » Wed May 24, 2006 5:33 pm

Hi everyone :D

Just came across this site after spending a lot of time recently viewing pictures and stories on the net of Kintyre, Campbeltown, etc., This site has many beautiful pictures of this area! My goal is to some day re-locate to a place like this. I was wondering what the job markets are, and housing costs. Could I ever afford to buy a farm there?? That would be the best ever. Here in Oregon (pronounced Or-e-gun, not Oragone :) ), we have many rainy days, some windy, some cold, maybe snow a few times a year but some years no snow, and summer is very nice but can get over 90 degrees for a few weeks. What's it like there? I mainly do computer work here, designing and building web-based business applications, and also volunteer work to a local college and non-profit web sites. Well got to go, I promise to check back soon and thanks in advance to any replies.

Best wishes,

Jeff
jfine
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Logs » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:31 pm

Hey :) I'm not based in the town any more, and never got round to buying a house there, but I can tell you that compared to a lot of areas in Scotland the houses are very reasonably priced, and certainly a lot cheaper than in the cities! The town may be far from the cities etc, but it has beautiful scenery that is well worth the distance! Job prospects really depend on what you're looking for because in some areas of work there are a lot of opportunities, but in other areas there are none whatsoever! Good luck with your relocation if you decide to do it!! :D

LJ
Logs
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby John S » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:11 pm

Hi Jeff,
Where about are you in Oregon, had a great time there 2 - 3 years ago, went to the County Fair, Creator Lake, & Eugene, My Gran is in Portland.
John S
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby jfine » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:34 am

John S wrote:Hi Jeff,
Where about are you in Oregon, had a great time there 2 - 3 years ago, went to the County Fair, Creator Lake, & Eugene, My Gran is in Portland.

Sorry John I must be blind I just now saw this---I'm bout 25 miles west of Portland. Lots of counties in oregon has fairs, and the state fair too. Crater Lake -- yea haven't been there yet myself but will soon I hope -- Eugene, been there many times mostly just driving thru though.

Colder than *&%$ right now, we havent had a ice storm yet this year but workin on it 8)
jfine
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!