Visiting From Texas Late March - Looking for Smerby McNairs

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Visiting From Texas Late March - Looking for Smerby McNairs

Postby Chad McNair » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:21 pm

My wife, Shelly and I will make our first visit to Scotland late March. Looking for the family farm in Smerby. GG Grandfather Robert McNair left the farm in 1850 and settled in Winnebago, Illinois. The Winnebago farm is still in the family and owned by my father, Carl McNair. I am hoping to find the Smerby McNair farm and any relations there. We plan to be in the Campbeltown area from March 26-29. Any thoughts on how to contact relatives and where to visit would be appreciated.
Chad McNair
San Antonio, Texas
(210) 831-8181
Chad McNair
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Visiting From Texas Late March - Looking for Smerby McNa

Postby jamier » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Hello there the Mc Nair family's both farmed high and low Smerby both farms are now owned by the Graham family of west backs farm .The Mc Nair's still stay at high Smerby Farm i will get further details and contacts for you shortly. Jamie
jamier
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Chad McNair » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Thanks, Jamie. Any help would be appreciated. Since I posted this I have received an email from John Armour who said he could put us in touch with John and Hugh McNair at High Smerby but I have not been in touch yet. If a phone call would be easier, I'd be happy to give you a call. Just let me know what number and a good time. Kind regards - Chad McNair
Chad McNair
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Rannoch » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi this is Hugh and Katherine McNair , now retired and living in Campbeltown our address is
9 Summerhill Cres.,
Campbeltown.
And our contact phone number is: 01586552706

Unfortunately we are away from the 25th March till the afternoon of the 28th March but would be delighted to meet up with you if possible. However Margaret McNair (widow of the late James McNair) lived in Smerby Farm until they retired some years ago and built a bungalow on the farm land this is called 'Smerby Mill' and her contact number is 01586551448.
Hope this is of some help and look forward to hopefully meeting up with you when you visit Campbeltown.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at anytime.

Regards Hugh @ Katherine McNair
Rannoch
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!