Hi all.

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hi all.

Postby Colinmac » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:44 am

Hello all.
My late father was born in Clachan, my sister was born in the cottage hospital in the toon. I fond memories of visiting Cambelltown & the surrounding area.
My grandfather was the Clachan postie & lived in Craighouse.
Colinmac
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Hi all.

Postby EMDEE » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:22 am

Colinmac wrote:Hello all.
My late father was born in Clachan, my sister was born in the cottage hospital in the toon. I fond memories of visiting Cambelltown & the surrounding area.
My grandfather was the Clachan postie & lived in Craighouse.

Colin

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you sure about your grandfather's location? Craighouse is on the Isle of Jura. If he was the Clachan postie, it would more likely be Whitehouse. Does this sound right?
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Hi all.

Postby Colinmac » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 pm

I should have been more accurate. He was the postie in Clachan, the house he lived in was called Craighouse. My late father was Donald, he had 2 sisters Catherine & Cloinia he had a younger brother Fletcher.
I used to holiday in Clachan every year & have many fond memories of the village & the people.

We used to visit my aunt Marion & uncle Bruce from Kilkenzie . Thoes were the days when the sun shone during the summer.
Colinmac
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!