Looking for John McEachern !

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Postby amron » Tue May 30, 2006 8:45 pm

hi Kevin

If you click on memberlist at the top of the page Russells join date is on the 1st page and he has a link to his website there.

I just tried his site there and it is unavailable at the moment :( :(
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Tue May 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Sorry, the site is being moved to a different host at the moment. It is also being changed to Content Management so may be a day or two before it's back properly.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kevin.H » Wed May 31, 2006 3:40 am

Ok,

Thanks

Kev
Kevin.H
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby dgraves » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:04 am

I just found out how little I really knew about my family, the McEacherns. For personal reasons, I had not looked carefully into some memorabilia that my grandma McEachern left when she died. The trunk I opened last year in July had the book of Kintyre in it, and it also had a locked, metal chest that I shoved aside. It didn't have a key, so I put it out of my mind.

Yesterday I decided to break into the metal box. I thought there might be something useful in it that Shauna might need on her trip. Inside were all of the records of the McEacherns from the time they left Kintyre to the present day...or when the journals ended in 1987.
I was wrong about when they left Scotland. Neill McEachern was BORN in 1790. He left Kintyre with his second wife, Effie McKellar in 1820. They lived in a Scottish community in America, for the sons married women with surnames of McInnis, McLauren, and Fletcher.

I still know very little of their lives before leaving Scotland, but at least I have the American side sorted :lol: I thought the first Neill McEachern to arrive in the Carolinas had LEFT Scotland in 1790.

I really do appreciate everyone's help. I just knew next to nothing about the family when I arrived in Campbeltown. You can imagine how surprising it was to hear all about your people from a complete stranger...a stranger that treated you like family.
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Shauna and Sirisha

Postby dgraves » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Hi everyone,

The girls should be in town today. :D Shauna finally has her trip to Campbeltown! They'll be around until Sunday.

If you see two strangers walking around town, one light hair, one black hair, just walk up and say, "Hi". They'd love it!
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Looking for John McEachern !

Postby amceache » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi. My name is Andrew McEachern. I am ancestrally a Morvern McEacherm. I have recently co authored a DNA research article titled "Scotland's R1a1 Highland Clansmen, DNA Genealogy and the search for Somerled. It can be downloaded from scribd at http://www.scribd.com/doc/35575566/Scot ... d-Clansmen.

In order to further my research I am attempting to find any ancestral McEacherns from Kintyre. I was very surprised to find that a Morvern McEachern (me) is the common DNA ancestor of many Alexanders and MacAlisters (Kintyre names). This link appears to be anywhere from 300 - 400 years ago and anectdotally these MacAlisters and Alexanders seem to be from the ancestral line of Angus, Chief of the McEacherns who was executed at Dunaverty in 1647.

I would be interested in hearing from any MacEachrans, MacEacherns, MacEacharns who are ancestrally from Kintyre. I would also like to hear from any McE's that are ancestral to Islay. These McE's appear to have taken the name and are not ancestral to me by at least 10K years. They are R1b1b2 haplogroup and I am R1a1. These DNA types diverged way over 10K years ago.

Regards
amceache
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Previous

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!