Hello

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hello

Postby andybdm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi, my name is Andy Millar and I went to Castlehill primary school P5-P7 and then to Campbeltown Grammar School for first year before moving back to Glasgow. I was born in 1961 so I must have lived in campbeltown between the years of 1970-71 till 1975-76. It would be great to hear from anyone who went to school at the same time as me or my older brother Tommy Millar. We lived next to the Grammar School at the top of Limecraigs. These years were the best of my young life and I would love to try and put some names and faces to those memories.
andybdm
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Hello

Postby Wee Vix » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Andy, I went to Castlehill primary too at the same time. I was born in '62 so we would've been there at the same time. I can't recall anyone called Andy or Tommy Millar but we did always get a lot of kids from the "drome" and can't remember everyone. Can you remember any names at all from your time there?
Wee Vix
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby gizmo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Welcome to the foum Andy. I am afraid I cant remember you but I am a wee bit older. I did go to school with Tommy. I remember him as a genuinely nice boy (there wasnt many of us about at the time :) )
If I remember right Tommy was not bad at the football, he was always picked second when we were picking sides down the Quarry Green.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby John A » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum Andy, I remember you well from the Grammar school, we were in the same class (1,4). You may remember you came out to our farm a few times to help out! I'm still working on the farm, though there have been a few changes since 1974!

All the best
John Armour
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby andybdm » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi John Armour

Is your farm just outside of Machrihanish, if so I remember it well. I will never forget the first lamb I saw beng born on your farm and feeding the young calves. I enjoyed visiting your farm immensely.

Tommy did play a lot of football and is actually a community coach for the SFA now... Don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol!

I lived at Limecraigs cottage next to the Grammar School and my dad was a spray painter in the garage on longrow near the end of town. Winker Watson and Andrew Ferguson were in my primary class, and John, if I recall correctly you and I were in a few classes in the Grammar School 1st year and you had a younger brother.
andybdm
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby John A » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Yes Andy thats the one, still there, lambs still being born, calves still being fed!
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby TYM » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Andy,

Say hello to your brother for me. Saw him at the last re-union but never had the chance for a decent blether.

The other Tommy Millar.
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby andybdm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:14 pm

I will Tommy and John, nice hearing from you, if I ever manage to come up, I may call in !!

Andy Millar
andybdm
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby petewick » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Hello Andy, was your father a teacher at the Grammar?
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!