Hello Everyone

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hello Everyone

Postby Roger50046 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi All,

I am coming to Kintyre for the first time this August and we are going to stay in the Caravans at Pennyseorach Farm Nr Southend.

I cant wait and would like some help in regard to the midges and do you encounter them much on the Kintyre. I am also interested in Low Level Jets which i know frequent your part of the world, do you get many? and normally where do they fly?

Also i am keen on Wildlife and i know its a great place to see things in the wild, but any good spots so i can just chill and observe.

I know lots of questions but i know the locals would know :D
Roger50046
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby four eyes » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:00 pm

low level jets n wildlife? something not right here. :roll:
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby JAFFA » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Roger50046 wrote:Hi All,

I am coming to Kintyre for the first time this August and we are going to stay in the Caravans at Pennyseorach Farm Nr Southend.

I cant wait and would like some help in regard to the midges and do you encounter them much on the Kintyre. I am also interested in Low Level Jets which i know frequent your part of the world, do you get many? and normally where do they fly?

Also i am keen on Wildlife and i know its a great place to see things in the wild, but any good spots so i can just chill and observe.

I know lots of questions but i know the locals would know :D

Well in 10 plus years of visiting Mill Park, ive yet to be bitten and they love me to bits. I have seen low level jets, but do not have a clue of the fequesncy or where they fly to and from. As to wild life.....just pick ya spot and take it all in;);)

kind regards Jeff
JAFFA
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby chrisduffy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Roger,
Welcome to the forum, :)
First to declare an 'interest' Terry and Lynda whos farm you are staying on are good friends of mine, so i visit at least once or twice a year.
I have never had a problem with midges whilst there and same as Jaffa i always seem to be on the menu if they are about! :lol:
I enjoy walking around the farmland and finding a spot to sit down and chill and watch for wildlife, early morning or late evening being the best times.
I will be up there myself in late August and i,m counting down the days :)
Here are a few pictures i,ve posted previously to whet your appetite, hope you have a great visit

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10768

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4434
chrisduffy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby JAFFA » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 pm

3 of my 4 brother in laws and there families have stayed where your staying also and found it spot on and could not fault it.

kind regards Jeff
JAFFA
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Roger50046 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks Everybody for the help with the midges,

In regard to my visit Chris i will be there w/c 21/8 for a week, is this the same week as you?

Looked at your photo's Chris and they are excellent, and i am like you counting down the days :D

Seems i have found Paradise (weather permitting) of course LOL
Roger50046
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Happy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Should be a great holiday especially since you're only travelling down from Carradale, where you're used to the midges!
The low-flying aircraft are from the UFO base at Largiebaan Plain (code-named Virginia Plain), which became operational in
the 70's under the guise of a wildlife reserve. The craft look just like flamingos.The only other low-flying aircraft is the council's bush-trimmer plane which has been out of action since a Southend farmer's wife lost all 35 pairs of her knickers off the washing- line, resulting in her having to appear in the church choir wearing her husband's Y-fronts and singing the base line to the hymns.
There's lots for you to do on your holiday in Southend including bush-trimming, and the local shop does a great home-made Cookie; you can buy a full packet of these for £3.73.There's also the local inn where you can dance the cha-cha through till sunrise. There's also the Bryan Ferry if you want a sail - I can recommend the one-way only ticket, which takes you far beyond the pale horizon.
Southend in August should be good for sledging; there's usually plenty of snow at that time of year, and Pennyseorach has the perfect slopes. Or if it rains (it never rains, it only pours) you could do some white-water rafting. You just have to decide what's real and make-believe.
Happy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Roger50046 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 am

Nice post Happy,

But im slighty bemused? but hey ho. :o

Counting down the days. Cant Wait :D
Roger50046
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby chrisduffy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:21 am

Hi Roger,
Looks like I will be arriving just as you are leaving, i,m sure you will have a great time.
I would recommend at least one visit to the Muneroy tearooms in the village, you will be guaranteed a warm welcome and lovely home made food :D
chrisduffy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby four eyes » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:29 am

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhh Muneroy tearooms,the best ever. Just dont ask for one of her cookies.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby sooze23 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:33 pm

sooze23
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!