Hello from Sunny Oman !

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hello from Sunny Oman !

Postby Lachlan » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Hello everyone !

My name is Lachlan Gow. I'm now getting to be an old codger (58 - God times flies !).

My Dad, Hamish Gow, was born in Tighnabruaich but the family moved to Newhouse, Clachan in the later 1920's. His dad, James "Curly" Gow, was gamekeeper at Ronachan and the tied house they lived in still stands beside the Tarbert-Campbeltown road. My Dad went to Rhunahaorine School until getting a bursary to Keil School Dumbarton in 1938.

When I was a boy in the 1950's-60's, our family used to spend our school holidays at A Chleit, where my Uncle Neil Weir and Auntie Maude lived. We spent so much time in Kintyre and knew so many people, I felt more at home there than my native Musselburgh.

I'll be asking about Kintyre folk we knew, to see if anyone knows how they're getting on etc.

:)
Lachlan
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!