NEW UFO nut sticks head above parapet

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Re: NEW UFO nut sticks head above parapet

Postby four eyes » Mon May 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Despite all evidence to the contrary,certain types will go on and on insisting its a centre for all sort of mysterious going on.There is nothing to suggest anything ever remotely untoward went on here.I was there from the late sixties till early seventies,in my field i would know if the little grey men were coming in.The reason nothing ever happens there is simple,its too open,the right sort of fuel was never available there and all the black craft are kept State-side. Does any one seriously believe a hypersonic re-entry craft is going to land here?No they take off with the shuttle and return to their original base.Thats Mars :roll: right!
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gizmo » Mon May 30, 2011 11:21 pm

I think Machrihanish was the longest military runway in Europe.
Sheiky, I know the runway was built after the Galaxy officialy took to the skies, but who knows how long it was flying before that.
I had heard about the submarine base years ago when I used to sneak on to the ladies course, the story was the concrete structure over the fence at the dogleg on the fourth was an access point but I didnt really believe it at the time.
I notice Foureyes used the Jesus H Christ exclamation really only used in American spy movies. Methinks he doth protest too much.
Last edited by gizmo on Mon May 30, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon May 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Lol Gizmo.. Jesus H. Christ is a quite common expletive here. Machrihanish is by far not the longest runway in europe. It is 10,000 feet, and those in Germany, Greece, Spain, etc, all have longer runways, and those are just commercial airports.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Mon May 30, 2011 11:46 pm

I think there are a lot of things going on in this world that we don't know about, though.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Cookie » Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 am

Woohoo! Got some discussion going, well a bit, and some that's not discussion at all, but inevitable... ha ha good one Gizmo, the Shakespearean quote came to mind even before i read your entry! Yes i expected Flak - volleys of inaccurate hostile shots flung at unknowns having the impudence to enter someones airspace...my last replies to that one, no, not because i've been shot down in flames, but only level discussion is productive. I asked for stories about Machrihanish primarily, as an interest/hobby of mine, i don't have to have a full history of the place to qualify to do so. I tried to make it clear i was not coupling the place with E.T's. The subjects of Zero Point Energy, Nazi research into radical aircraft and propulsion, and the existence of amazing U.S. aircraft are covered seriously and extensively in various publications, the Authors of which, the layman can only try to gauge re.their credentials and credibility, by reading the subjects widely including the Scientific Journals, secret weapon history, related popular science as offered to us as fact, aviation publications etcetc and cross referencing from all.... it is undeniable, and usually understandable, that the latest tech. is used but kept secret for a surprising length of time...forget ufo's for a minute, i just wanna know about the successor(s) to the ancient SR-71 - it's not necessarily orbital, but if hyper-sonic at altitude, why not able to land nowadays without sonicboom/huge air displacement/ great clusters of drag chutes - without a monster runway they once needed? As i hoped people would glean from my headline, with it's IRONY (look it up Yanks), and my writing style, this wasn't meant to be a battle of wits, or deadly serious, or anywhere for this horrible "Flaming" (i think that's right, eh?) i've seen so disappointingly, on other forums...... i wish my back would let me bend far enough forwards to get my head up my bum, but i will bend over backwards to defend your right to describe me in that posture, bye bye x
Cookie
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby petewick » Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:
petewick wrote:The airbase has a long runway because it has to accomodate the large Galaxy transport
planes.

I believe the runway was extended a long time before the Galaxy first took to the skies.

It was extended again in the early 80's to accomodate the Galaxy
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dunc R » Tue May 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Perhaps this explains why the runway is so long:

"At 3,049 metres, Runway 11/29 at Campbeltown Airport is the longest of any public airport in Scotland. It was built in World War II to permit heavily-fuelled aircraft to take off on transatlantic flights and is certificated to accept the Space Shuttle should it need to make landfall in Europe, and provides for the Boeing 747 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft to get airborne again.

Campbeltown Aerodrome has a CAA] Ordinary Licence (Number P808) that allows flights for the public transport of passengers or for flying instruction as authorised by the licensee (Highlands & Islands Airports Limited)

1941 Opened also HMS Landrail 1995-Present Care & Maintenance "

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbeltown_Airport
Dunc R
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Sweltered » Tue May 31, 2011 6:26 pm

four eyes wrote:With ref to Zero point, you obviously have little to no knowledge of elementary physics,this book is riddled with inaccuracies, half truths, pseudo-science and complete and utter hogwash.unfortunately the type of people this book is aimed at, are only too willing to believe the cods-wallop being propagated by it.If you apply even the most basic aspects of critical thinking to an evaluation of this book it very soon becomes clear that this is a work of fiction. Yes, there is some truth in there, but overall it's fiction.

Top 10 post. Loved it. Very clinical; took the feet from him completely, but he's still standing there, not realising they're gone :lol:
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Niander » Tue May 31, 2011 9:31 pm

I think "outside the box" myself sometimes but why believe all the BS conspiracy theories as well?
for instance .... the 9/11 Truth movement...pure BS we all have seen the planes hit from numerous ordinary peoples cameras and different angles.
Anyway about that secret Sub base ......:P
Niander
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby MPR » Tue May 31, 2011 10:31 pm

Nick Pope sells books and radio interviews, 'Nuff said,however there have been some oddities seen in the local skies.
Anyone remember the strange flying thing above knockscalbert about 1958?
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Cookie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:17 am

I've requested announcements on Argyll FM about my search, i may not hear them though - do they do phone-in responses? Maybe someone would tell me if there are any good ones, that don't actually contact me.
I spent an hour and a half typing a long statement here the other day, then realised i wasn't logged on, and lost the lot!!
I'll do at least most of it again later, but as i had put in, i didn't intend to sit here two-finger typing extensive explanations and rebuttals - that's what i suggested a discussion group for! Diplomatic sceptics welcome!
Our media practically never touches on the huge and varied wealth of evidence and testimony that exists in conjunction with the UFO experience (in the strictest sense of that acronym - it doesn't mean ET spacecraft).
"Riddle of the Skies" was a rare example of the occasional balanced documentary.
Look up video of the statements by Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Apollo moon mission astronaut.
And for now - MPR, it's Nick Cook i mentioned, and how peoples credibilty is undermined simply by selling product i don't understand...love to know more about Knockscalbert
Niander, tell me which BS 9/11 theories you've looked into, apart from the outrageous mainstream one, and i'll point to serious alternative views
Sweltered - that his close to blanket put down was about as clinical as a Graffiti Spraycan, and i'm still standing, offering to show what keeps me up
Any Vegetarians out there will be used to the kind of nerves that often get touched, when you bring up a 'challenging', non- mainstream view - especially when you seem to have a case to make
Cookie
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby MPR » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Sorry got my Nicks mixed up, I am a follower of conspiracy theories and the "UFO" stories, enjoy them all and also enjoy how some people will extraploate a fact to create a story and then make a lifestyle out of it. I am however a sceptic, I only believe what I can see, touch,smell or hear. Easy way to make a living though.
Keep on looking up!
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Thankyou Happy Camper, for a pleasant reply. Of course, this area of interest attracts many confused souls, dreamers and the displaced, the outright loopy, and in the eyes of so many, the downright gullible. Personally, after 30 years of on/off research into Ufology (and much besides), i found it difficult to commit to a firm position, that of the Extra-Terrestrial Hypothesis. - amongst the general public, who have been steered away from the subject, it's thought that it's all just a matter of wether there are real ,fleshy little grey men flying around in nuts and bolts spaceships, or aren't there, whereas it's all a bit more complicated than that. The E.T.H. is not held to be true across the board, far from it, especially in more European thought, but all other positions do not negate the phenomenon - but for myself, the latter day testimony of those involved in the Disclosure Project, that of Dr.Mitchell and other astronauts, and dynamite stuff like the story of Milton Torres, airforce Major who in the 1957 was ordered to open fire with his jet's full complement of rockets, when he got close enough to an object the size of a battleship flying impossible manoeuvres over Norwich (it went vertical hypersonically just before he could fire), has forced me into accepting that at least one facet of this subject truly involves the presence of high technology, operated by entities of probably mixed origin, that are not human as we understand it. This still doesn't mean they necessarily 'flew' here form a distant planet. Ours has four-fifths of it's surface underwater, for a start......?
If humanity only put faith in what can be apparently appreciated by our five stunted senses, we'd be a seriously backward, unimaginative, soulless, un-inventive bunch on this lonely rock.....the one so many hold to be the only one in the entire Universe with advanced life, by dint of the single most breathtaking act of conceit Man has displayed...
Well it could be good to compare notes and have a chat sometime? Know anyone else into it?
OOh just thought to ask, i'd like to also ask about reports of the Animal Mutilation phenomenon around here, as well. Thanks
Cookie
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Ah forgot to say, yeah, where there are willing wide-eyed believers there is always money to be made - -Hallelulah Y'all!! - and inevitably there are those who are riding the cash wave. But there are many serious and devoted authors, who indeed work very hard to publicise what they know, about what should be seen as the single most important issue facing Mankind, and have to make a living like all the rest of us. I'd suggest it's easier work for those on Government pay, that have been working behind closed doors for decades, on matters with just that degree of gravitas
oooh i could go on for ages, but not that much longer here. I have been thinking of writing a talk. Would people be interested?
Cookie
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Aha, ho ho finally, please get further in than Nick Pope, He seems like a nice bloke, especially when he bought me a pint, but his face is just right for a pleasant media friendly spokesman, that does come down on the positive side when interviewed, but unless i missed something, never gets down to brass tacks like say Stanton Friedman (ex nuclear physicist), Dr.J Allen Hynek (deceased), who was the USAF's pet astronomical and scientific dismisser of sightings etc during his time with Project BlueBook, the PR exercise, until the sheer weight of evidence and obvious veracity of some key events convinced him to change sides, or the late Dr. John Mack, Pulitzer prize winning professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical school, who took serious flak for determining that the abduction phenomena was not fictitious and worthy of full investigation, after his own initial scepticism was eroded through extensive research. And surely you've read Timothy Good.
Cookie
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!