Hello! Looking for Tommy Ralston - Campbeltown

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hello! Looking for Tommy Ralston - Campbeltown

Postby JockMcKenzie » Thu May 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for help finding one Tommy Ralston who wrote the book "Captains and Commanders". I believe he was from Campbeltown, i'm not sure if he still lives there or if he has moved out of the area. I think his father's name was also Tommy (Thomas Ralston) and he was a Fisherman. In this book, on page 67, Tommy starts a chapter entitled "The Men" and a fair bit of this is about my Grandda John (Jock) McKenzie, a well known fisherman from Campbeltown.

Unfortunately i was never able to meet my Grandda as he died in 1973, 17 years before i was born so i don't know much about him as a man and a fisherman. I don't know if Tommy Ralston is still alive, but if anyone knows him and he is still about i would love to be able to talk to him.

Many thanks!!

Keelan McKenzie
JockMcKenzie
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Hello! Looking for Tommy Ralston - Campbeltown

Postby jdcarra » Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 am

JockMcKenzie wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for help finding one Tommy Ralston who wrote the book "Captains and Commanders". I believe he was from Campbeltown, i'm not sure if he still lives there or if he has moved out of the area. I think his father's name was also Tommy (Thomas Ralston) and he was a Fisherman. In this book, on page 67, Tommy starts a chapter entitled "The Men" and a fair bit of this is about my Grandda John (Jock) McKenzie, a well known fisherman from Campbeltown.

Unfortunately i was never able to meet my Grandda as he died in 1973, 17 years before i was born so i don't know much about him as a man and a fisherman. I don't know if Tommy Ralston is still alive, but if anyone knows him and he is still about i would love to be able to talk to him.

Many thanks!!

Keelan McKenzie

Hi Keelan

Check out this link http://forargyll.com/2010/12/captains-a ... y-ralston/.

*Tommy Ralston, 36 Links Road, Lundin Links. KY8 6AU (Tel: 01333 329009)*

He may be over the Ayrshire way this weekend as i heard there may be another 'Seeker Reaper' (fishing exhib/videos) type of showing again.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!