hi all, my name is donald mcshannon,new member.

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

hi all, my name is donald mcshannon,new member.

Postby donny49 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:52 pm

i am 48 in april and spent probably all my summers/short breaks etc between Campbeltown and Southend for the first 16yrs of my life, then of course i did my own thing. As i look back now they were the most wonderful times of my life. I will never ever experience that kind of family unity, happiness and undemanded love ever again. I am a father but those days (i'm sure many
will agree are long gone). Sad that my own will never taste it. Sorry went down memory lane there.........pity.
my dad is donald mcshannon from Southend, big family (10 siblings) to john mcshannon and mary (mcsporran)mcshannon.
macharioch cottage/s then to
millpark (@1/2 mile from Southend Parish Church)
my mother is valerie (hume) mcshannon,Campbeltown (1 brother) to johnny hume and rozena (hastie) hume.
glebe st (telephone ex) from when i was a baby.

i have a sister kim and a brother scott, both younger.

any way folks just a brief intro about myself and will endeavour to recant my family stories and any history in further blogs.
donny49
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: hi all, my name is donald mcshannon,new member.

Postby petewick » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Hallo Donnie,

Are you from Bonhill?
My brother went out with your sister Kim about 30 years ago.
She was a lovely lovely girl. His name's John Morrison.
I know a couple of the MacShannons from Millpark.
My cousin who lives in Stornoway is a MacShannon originally
from Drumlemble, and I know he is connected to you.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Donnie

I know you will be related to me as my mother was a McShannon. I remember your Hume grandparents from my earliest years when they lived two doors away from us in the prefabs in Albyn Avenue. When the prefabs were demolished they moved to 5 Hillside Road and again they lived upstairs from us in the same block. Not long after that they moved to Glebe Street as you state in your post. Your mother will remember me from these days.
:D
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby donny49 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:39 am

petewick wrote:Hallo Donnie,

Are you from Bonhill?

[quote="donny49"] yes my mum and dad still stay in Bonhill, so does Kim. She's married and has two kids 18/16.
I do remember your brother John, oot for pints a couple o times.My uncle Jake still stays in Millpark and 2 cousins.
John passed away aged 40 @ 2yrs ago.
thanks for the reply.
donny49
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby donny49 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:50 am

EMDEE wrote:Donnie

I know you will be related to me as my mother was a McShannon. I remember your Hume grandparents from my earliest years when they lived two doors away from us in the prefabs in Albyn Avenue. When the prefabs were demolished they moved to 5 Hillside Road and again they lived upstairs from us in the same block. Not long after that they moved to Glebe Street as you state in your post. Your mother will remember me from these days.

[quote="donny49"] thankyou for reply, the other addresses you mention strike a chord. I will speak to my Mother about you
but forgive me, as i don't know your full name i will have to refer to you as EMDEE. To do with your initials perhaps? Cheers
donny49
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Mary G » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 am

Hi Donald (and say hi to Kim too, and your Dad and Mum!)

donny49 wrote:As i look back now they were the most wonderful times of my life. I will never ever experience that kind of family unity, happiness and undemanded love ever again.

I remember those days so very clearly. As a Southend girl, born and bred, the same age as you, I recall that there was a big gang of us - all around the same age. Maybe one or two of that group - also on the forum - could organise a wee reunion :) The McShannons all played a big part in our lives - Una, Ina and Colin in particular. But we are all very fond of the whole clan.

Look forward to hearing your stories, Donald.
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby EMDEE » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:44 am

donny49 wrote:
EMDEE wrote:Donnie

donny49 wrote: thankyou for reply, the other addresses you mention strike a chord. I will speak to my Mother about you
but forgive me, as i don't know your full name i will have to refer to you as EMDEE. To do with your initials perhaps? Cheers

I've sent you a PM. You are correct about the initials. :D
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petewick » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:41 pm

donny49 wrote:
petewick wrote:Hallo Donnie,

Are you from Bonhill?

donny49 wrote: yes my mum and dad still stay in Bonhill, so does Kim. She's married and has two kids 18/16.
I do remember your brother John, oot for pints a couple o times.My uncle Jake still stays in Millpark and 2 cousins.
John passed away aged 40 @ 2yrs ago.
thanks for the reply.

Great to hear from you Donnie, please pass on my regards to Kim.
I know Jake and his 3 sons, Peter was in my year at school and I know
Alan through another friend.
It was tragic about John, I knew him well to.
My brother John has been married 2 boys aged 17 ann 20.
Keep posting Donnie.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hume » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Welcome Donald!

Don't be givin out yir age - folk canna be knowin I've got cousins that are nearly 50! :lol: :lol:
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby maganru » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 pm

I love to hear anything about any of the McShannons. Your Auntie Una was my nanny when my older sister and I were growing up and we just loved her. We spent a lot of time, espeically in the summer, with many of the McShannons and I have lots of happy memories, as does my Mum. Good to see you on the forum.
mos
maganru
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Caroline » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:38 pm

maganru wrote:I love to hear anything about any of the McShannons. Your Auntie Una was my nanny when my older sister and I were growing up and we just loved her. We spent a lot of time, espeically in the summer, with many of the McShannons and I have lots of happy memories, as does my Mum. Good to see you on the forum.

Hi, my name is Caroline and Una was my mum. I am a cousin of Donald as his dad and my mum were siblings. I spent the first 8 years of my life in Southend, at Wallace Cottages, looking out over the golf course. As Donald said, uncle Jake, Peter and Alan are still in the vacinity and I hear from them regularly. Good to see you on this forum Donald, give my love to the family.
My mum sadly passed away in 1987 and my dad passed in 2002. My brother Donald (yes there are a few in the family) lives in Alexandria and my sister Susan is in Bolton.
I now live in Dunoon and have two beautiful girls, Shannon (had to be) and Caitlin, they are 18 and 15, Caitlin is very much a McShannon in looks.
I work for an energy charity covering all of Argyll and have recently been given Campbeltown as part of my remit so I will be down more often than my occasional holiday jaunts, catching up with family and my oldest friend Francis.
Maganru, please get in touch as I think I know who you are and it would be nice to catch up.
Caroline
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Kinman » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi
I used to live at Mill Park for the first 10 years of my life, we got to know most of the McShannons,Colin and his wife Marlin stayed next door and young Colin, we always got so excited when we heard some of the McShannon family was coming to stay,we at one point believed they were related to them ourselves. Mill Park I must admit is cherished memories that you cannot buy,the thing i most remember was playing rounders in the field, when the McShannon Cousins and Aunties and uncles came on Holiday, I knew Donald ,Una,Caroline ,Donald also Jean and Rodney think their daughter was Nicola, then there was George and May Leishman who had two,think one daughter was Karen,Ina snd Les and Gillian and Richard,also remember Hugh and his family,and of course Donald and Valerie can remember some of family including you Donald,then there was Janette who stayed Southend for a while where Robert-John and Mary went to school here.I knew James and Ita and all the girls,and of course Jake and the boys,also Margaret McGlynn and boys who lived in lochgilphead.It would be excellent to have a reunion with all the family members sometime, Mary Galbraith you are good at organising,big hello to all in the McShannon family.

David
Kinman
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby donny49 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:38 pm

hi all, i can't apologise enough for my absence. to tell the truth i'm not much of a blogger and time these days...... well can someone explain why does it pass so fast.
Anyway promised Ailsa (cousin) and Sandy will be down this year hopefully August.
quick recap 2011- present : work work work work.......... lol not all as bad as that!!! apart from I lost both my granny and my granda in march/april 2010. they were like royalty to me. within a month of each other. its as if they knew...together 4vr.

anybody recognise this: a dug fae the port was taken to court
and charged wi molesting his father,
says the judge to the pet... how low can you get
says the pet to the judge........ a chihuahua.

all the best Campbeltown and Southend.
donny49
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!