Carradale AFC vs Southend AFC

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Carradale AFC vs Southend AFC

Postby GarySutherland » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:29 am

Carradale's next match fixture is against Southend AFC on Saturday 22 October 2005. Kick-off will be at 2pm at the Wellpark field, Carradale. Carradale will be sporting their new strip so come along and support your local team!

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:16 pm

Enjoyed the game today up in the Dale - Southend won 7-2. Can't remember our scorers (Graeme Gilchrist, Darren Anderson, Iain Semple (2), own goal....) but Scott Goslin scored both for Carradale from the penalty spot - both dubious penalties I might add! :wink:

Thanks for the food and post match entertainment in the Glen afterwards! 8)

Oh, and forgot to mentioned - Cammy McGuire didn't score AND missed a penalty! :lol: :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby GarySutherland » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:51 pm

The score I had from Nonnie was 6 - 2 with Carradale's goals both by Bates but I'll check that later.

'Twas a tough old match with one of Carradale's players requiring medical treatment for a badly sprained ankle.

It was also a surprise to see your very own Davie P taking to the field in Southend's strip. Hope the aches and pains are easing now, Davie :)

The next match will probably be an away trip up to Lochgilphead but more details of that in due course.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LO » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Davie P wrote:Can't remember our scorers (Graeme Gilchrist, Darren Anderson, Iain Semple (2), own goal....) but Scott Goslin scored both for Carradale from the penalty spot - both dubious penalties I might add! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Here you have it folks - evidence that Davie P has become Kintyre's answer to Matt Elliot. Not two weeks ago he was talking up his dubious links with Trumpton in the vain hope that Nonnie would give him a game ........ :wink: :lol:
LO
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:29 pm

Unlucky LO - I played for Southend who I play for in the Summer League. :wink: I've closer links to Southend - I once went on holiday there.

Mind you I was well impressed with Carradale's set-up.

PS - Confirmed the score was 6-2 to Southend.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby GarySutherland » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:58 pm

6-2, 7-2 it doesn't make a lot of difference really, and you can be forgiven the lapse in your calculating ability as you looked pretty knackered when you came off the pitch.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:01 am

Aye cheers Gary!

Anyway , here is the Southend team from Saturday - as you can see lots of locals! :wink:

Back Row - Sandy Ronald, Archie Ronald, Ginger, Cammy McGuire, Darren Anderson, Iain Semple and Graeme Gilchrist
Front Row - Alan Semple, David Paterson, Pop Scally, Gregor Crawl and Iain Smith

Asked for a photo of Carradale but they said they were shy!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sports news in Kintyre