CAMPBELTOWN FOOTBALL MEETING TO TAKE PLACE

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Mon May 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Will move this into Local Sport in a bit but wanted to highlight this is taking place next Wednesday.

People from throughout Kintyre with an interest in football are being invited to attend a meeting in Campbeltown next week to discuss ways that Argyll and Bute Council and the Scottish Football Association (SFA) can work in partnership with local clubs and organisations to help the sport develop.

The purpose of the meeting is to identify ways that the Council and the SFA can support local clubs and help the game grow through the Scottish Youth Plan for Football and the Council’s Strategy for Sport. This approach has worked successfully in other areas of Argyll and Bute and has resulted in an increased number of players and coaches in football, as well as national recognition of the efforts of volunteers.

The Council's Football Development Officer, Dylan Kerr, said: "This meeting is an opportunity for us to identify ways we can work together for the future success of football in the Kintyre area, using programmes and resources that have not been available until now.

"I'd be extremely grateful if anyone wishing to attend could contact me in advance in order that we can accommodate everyone. I really hope we get a large turnout."

The meeting will take place on Wednesday 28th May 2008 at 6pm in Aqualibrium, Campbeltown.

It will be attended Paul McNeil, SFA West Region Manager; Willie Young, Principal Leisure Officer, Argyll and Bute Council; Dylan Kerr, Football Development Officer.

To confirm your attendance at the meeting, please contact Dylan Kerr on 01369 703214 or e-mail dylan.kerr@argyll-bute.gov.uk
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: CAMPBELTOWN FOOTBALL MEETING TO TAKE PLACE

Postby elainemck » Tue May 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Is this not when SKSC AGM is on? Or is it at 7?
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sport » Tue May 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Sports Council AGM is at 7.30pm - same room so means the football meeting will be finished for 7.30pm.
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ranald » Tue May 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Not trying to be controversial here, but will there be any point in wasting 90 mins of my life at this meeting like I did at the one last year? Lots of good ideas from the SFA and the council but little will to make them happen. What's changed in 12 months to make anyone think that anything will come of this one?
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue May 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Ranald wrote:Not trying to be controversial here, but will there be any point in wasting 90 mins of my life at this meeting like I did at the one last year? Lots of good ideas from the SFA and the council but little will to make them happen. What's changed in 12 months to make anyone think that anything will come of this one?

Why not turn up and say what you think then? 8) :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Tue May 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:
Ranald wrote:Not trying to be controversial here, but will there be any point in wasting 90 mins of my life at this meeting like I did at the one last year? Lots of good ideas from the SFA and the council but little will to make them happen. What's changed in 12 months to make anyone think that anything will come of this one?

Why not turn up and say what you think then? 8) :wink:

Paul McNeill came a long way last year to say what he thought and no-one took any notice so why would they listen to me?! :wink:
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue May 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Ranald wrote:
Ship called Dignity wrote:Why not turn up and say what you think then? 8) :wink:

Paul McNeill came a long way last year to say what he thought and no-one took any notice so why would they listen to me?! :wink:

True, true and the subsequent e-mails that were sent by the Sports Council to move things along did not get one reply either.

Campbeltown has one of the strongest football communities in Argyll yet one of the weakest when it comes to everyone speaking to each other. There actually should be a meeting of the various bodies before this meeting but that fell on deaf ears too. :shock:

Nevertheless, ABC have called the meeting and it will be interesting to see what everyone has to say this time round.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Tue May 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:True, true and the subsequent e-mails that were sent by the Sports Council to move things along did not get one reply either.

Campbeltown has one of the strongest football communities in Argyll yet one of the weakest when it comes to everyone speaking to each other. There actually should be a meeting of the various bodies before this meeting but that fell on deaf ears too. :shock:

Nevertheless, ABC have called the meeting and it will be interesting to see what everyone has to say this time round.

I agree with all of that but will be surprised if anyone has anything much to say. Live in hope tho!!
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby the ice maiden » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Has anyone got an idea how the meeting went?
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Heard it went well from various people.

There is a furher meeting on Monday 30th June 2008 at 6pm in the Aqualibrium.

All welcome.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sports news in Kintyre