Kintyre Rugby Club Training

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Kintyre Rugby Club Training

Postby Big Craig » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:57 pm

Outdoor training for the adults team will begin again on Thursday 10th April, 7pm at The Meadows.

The Colts training (Secondary school age) will be moving from Sunday mornings to Friday afternoons, 4pm, also at The Meadows, once the Easter break is over.

The Minis training (Primary School age) will continue on Sunday morning at 10am after the Easter break is over.

All ages and abilities welcome - Try something different. Try something new. Try something challenging. Try something thats not football
Big Craig
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Kintyre Rugby Club Training

Postby Ranald » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:02 pm

Big Craig wrote:Try something different. Try something new. Try something challenging. Try something thats not football

I've always wondered about this so maybe you can explain: why is it called a "try" when it's quite clearly so much more than a "try"? In fact, it's actually quite a success so it seems to be doing it a disservice to only call it a "try". :lol:
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Big Craig » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:14 pm

I've always wondered about this so maybe you can explain: why is it called a "try" when it's quite clearly so much more than a "try"? In fact, it's actually quite a success so it seems to be doing it a disservice to only call it a "try".

there are 2 answers to this -

When rugby was first invented you did not get any points for a try. All you got was an attempt or 'try' at goal.

Or when William Webb Ellis put the ball down he asked: "Was that a goal?" and the sports master replied, "No, but it was a bloody good try".

Personally I prefer the second answer
[/quote]
Big Craig
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Sports news in Kintyre