Italy match

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Italy match

Postby Mary G » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:26 pm

We got all our tickets in the post today 8)

Also, an email tonight mentions that that the phone lines are open tomorrow morning for MEMBERS only. There are all sorts of conditions, and hard-to-understand rules from the SFA on these matters. So, if anyone forgot to apply before the deadline - you have one final chance, it seems.

M
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi Mary,

No - only those who applied in the first place can apply for one extra ticket.

I wouldn't imagine there were many who didn't apply which is why they changed it from two tickets each to one. Whole thing is a bit of a balls up.

Should have stuck to first come first served and we would have got our 142 tickets! :-)

Anyway, good luck. 8)

Regards

David
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:14 pm

So does that mean that we can apply tomorrow morning for two additional tickets?
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:21 pm

Mary G wrote:So does that mean that we can apply tomorrow morning for two additional tickets?

Alot of assumption here but...

If both of you are SSC members and applied for one ticket each originally then yes you are entitled to phone and try and get two extra tickets. These of course will be elsewhere in the stadium.

As far as I know if you did not apply originally then you are not entitled to phone.

You can of course secure two tickets each for the family section (1 adul, 1 child) but there are only a small member left.

So only 8000 tickets available tomorrow and 26,000 sold to SSC members already. Assuming the Italians take 2,500 tickets where did the other 15,000 go? :? :shock:

Now we know you are a SSC member - fancy joining the CTA? 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:00 am

Ta for this explanation, Davie. All four of us are members, and the two girls applied for family section tickets, and accompanying adult tickets too, for their (adult) cousins - so that is four. Then we got our own two. So that is six altogether. I am sure we could use the further two that it seems we might have some (small) chance of acquiring if we phone up tomorrow morning.

We have all been members for years - the girls since they were babies :lol: We still have the old Travel Club membership cards with the baby pictures on them. It paid off handsomely when we all got to go to the Scotland v Brazil opener of the World Cup in 1998, in Paris. It would be nice to qualify for another tournament sometime soon ...

So, the CTA ... sounds like fun, Davie. What do you have to do to join? No initiation ceremony I hope :roll:

Anyway, the other 15,000 go to clubs, mainly, I think. All clubs that are members of the SFA are entitiled to purchase a ticket allocation. So, when you add up all the junior clubs, Highland League, etc, etc, it mounts up. And on this occasion every club will take up its allocation, so you do make a big dent in the 15,000. Plus Tennents, and the other sponsors get theirs from this number. Then the promotional ones, competition winners, etc. Still hard to reach 15,000, though - you are right.
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:40 am

Mary G wrote:We have all been members for years - the girls since they were babies :lol: We still have the old Travel Club membership cards with the baby pictures on them. It paid off handsomely when we all got to go to the Scotland v Brazil opener of the World Cup in 1998, in Paris. It would be nice to qualify for another tournament sometime soon ...

Glad to see you maintained your membership throughout - not like some we are phoning for tomorrow. :wink:

Got to the Brazil came myself after booking flights and digs for the other two games thinking we had no chance of a ticket for the opening game! :shock:

Mary G wrote:So, the CTA ... sounds like fun, Davie. What do you have to do to join? No initiation ceremony I hope :roll:

Sent you a PM - nothing formal - we just go to the games

Mary G wrote:Anyway, the other 15,000 go to clubs, mainly, I think. All clubs that are members of the SFA are entitiled to purchase a ticket allocation. So, when you add up all the junior clubs, Highland League, etc, etc, it mounts up. And on this occasion every club will take up its allocation, so you do make a big dent in the 15,000. Plus Tennents, and the other sponsors get theirs from this number. Then the promotional ones, competition winners, etc. Still hard to reach 15,000, though - you are right.

Still don't think it is right that all these clubs should get tickets when it suits them - didn't need so many when it was the Faroes or Lithuania or Georgia......

Not bothered to be honest, I've got mine! 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bud » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:13 am

davie

any spare tickets for the game 8)

or anyone?
bud
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:32 am

bud wrote:davie

Sorry, no.

Have a list of people on reserve too.

Join the SSC :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:09 pm

The big game hunters are starting tae hunt
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby abbey craig » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:14 pm

Davie P wrote:
bud wrote:davie

Sorry, no.

Join the SSC :wink:

well said davie :lol:
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bud » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:15 pm

Rabmacd wrote:The big game hunters are starting tae hunt

everyone has to start somewhere and me and my pal have been to a couple of the qualifiers already

just not in the supporters club or the cta
bud
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby RINGO » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:41 pm

bud wrote:
Rabmacd wrote:The big game hunters are starting tae hunt

everyone has to start somewhere and me and my pal have been to a couple of the qualifiers already

just not in the supporters club or the cta

Get yur money oot and join up, it pays off in the long run!
RINGO
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Forecast

Postby Mary G » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 pm

Heavy rain predicted for Saturday. Don't know whether to be pleased about that or not ... a good thing, I think.
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Jock Strap » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:07 pm

Hope it is sleet :wink:
Jock Strap
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:24 pm

The worse the weather the better.........remember beating France in '89?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sports news in Kintyre