Stronvaar marches on.

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Stronvaar marches on.

Postby oorly gourlay » Sun May 22, 2005 8:07 pm

:D The homing doo has just arrived back from Clackmannan (turn left at the moon) and I am delighted to report that Stronvaar, backed by a goodly amount of supporters who used the free bus, most with Walkmans (or is that Walkmen) lashed to their ears, have progressed to the next round of the Scottish Top Ten thanks to wins by John McLean in the singles and Jimmy Anderson and Archie Johnston (nice to see one Boys' player knows how to win) in the pairs. Their accumulated shots meant that a match tied at 2-2 allowed them to progress to the next round against either Aberdeenshire or Lothians again away from the hallowed turf that is Stronvaar. Thanks to events in Motherwell earlier in the afternoon, selector and player, Robert Hendrie, faces a long and miserable road home consoled only by the fact that, unlike Mr O'Neill, he can pick a winning team. Once I know the venue for the next round, I'll post again asking for advice on hotels in either sheep city or the city of architecture (your choice)! Well done lads and all the supporters. :D
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby oorly gourlay » Sun May 22, 2005 8:38 pm

The second doo has just arrived from the north east to advise that we now play in Edinburgh next Sunday 29th. Hopefully this will fit in with West Coast Motors' time perameters and we can get another supporters' bus away without having to stay overnight. Is it true that you can get a tatoo over there? :?:
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby oorly gourlay » Tue May 24, 2005 3:28 pm

I just found out last night that the venue for the match is Slateford BC at Lanark Road, the home club of 3 times world indoor champion Alex "Tattie" Marshall so it looks as though we could well be up against it. The team will again have a good support behind them as the Club has again laid on a free bus and as a bonus, I understand that the Edinburgh club's hospitality is on a par with our own. :mrgreen:
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sport » Sun May 29, 2005 5:04 pm

OG

Whats the news from the east coast?
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ranald » Sun May 29, 2005 9:25 pm

Stronvaar lost today on shots difference by just two shots after the match finished 2-2.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Sports news in Kintyre