Sport Relief 2014

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Sport Relief 2014

Postby fiona28 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:28 am

Sunday 11.00am

Still time to enter online www.sportrelief.com - pop in your postcode and enter The Campbeltown Mile :D

Anyone wanting to offer their support by marshalling please pm me

Thanks

Fiona
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Sport Relief 2014

Postby smiles » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:23 am

Fiona, was just about to enter and it says "Your entry fee covers the cost of putting on the event only and does not include a donation." So not one penny of my entry fee is going to charity?
smiles
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Don't know about that smiles, two years ago they told me the Campbeltown run had raised them well over £2300 and I put this in the courier. We didn't send away that amount so it must have came from entries and sponsors but don't think that many people did sponsors??

Jogscotland do all the organising as volunteers, the co-op have very kindly donated all the bananas and cereal bars. Sport Relief supply the race numbers, the medals and the water so if the entry fee is small then this may be right :?: but you would be better emailing sport relief yourself as I am only the volunteer who puts on the event.

Thanks

Fiona
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby mcghee » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi, just wondering if you can enter tomorrow morning or if all entries had to be completed online?
Thanks
mcghee
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby fiona28 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:03 pm

An udate on the amount raised by The Campbeltown Mile 2014

'Dear Fiona

We have recently closed the accounting books on Sport Relief 2014 and are thrilled to announce that it was a record-breaking year, raising a whopping £71.8 million! Thank you for the part you played in raising so much for Sport Relief – your contribution will help to transform lives both at home in the UK and across the world.

I’m sure you’ve been waiting to find out how much The Campbeltown Mile raised and I’m pleased to confirm that the total amount raised from your event is £1,874.65.

Thank you once again for your incredible support and please pass our thanks on to everyone else that helped stage the event.

We’ll be back in touch in 2015 to tell you all about our plans for Sport Relief 2016 and hope you’ll want to be involved again.

Many thanks

Jess Kirke

On behalf of the Sport Relief Team'

Well done Campbeltown!!! :D :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sports news in Kintyre