Young people's sport panel

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Young people's sport panel

Postby ctmillar » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to highlight that applications for the Young people's sport panel are now open. The sport panel was formed through a partnership between sportscotland and Young Scot, and aims to influence and shape the future of sport in Scotland and raise the profile of sport.

Applications are open for young people between the ages of 14 and 25, and close on the 7th of February. Further information can be found here: http://www.sportscotland.org.uk/ypspapply

I've been lucky enough to be on the inaugural panel, and the last two years have been fantastic. Personal highlights include presenting to 200 people at the Scottish Sport Development Conference, being invited to attend and contribute towards a sportscotland board meeting and being interviewed at a panel discussion session with curlers Rhona Martin and Anna Sloan. Some of the other panel members have also been involved in Commonwealth conferences, national policy formulation and even a week-long conference in Doha, Qatar.

I'd be delighted if someone from Campbeltown or Argyll could make it onto the next panel. Really enjoyed being able to give my thoughts and ideas from the perspective of someone from a small place like the town, where the sporting needs of young people can be very different to in the cities. We've been involved in the development of programmes such as Young Hub Leaders and School Sport Awards, both of which should have a positive impact locally over time, and potential opportunities can be fantastic.

If you know of a young person who would be keen on this opportunity please share with them. I really can't recommend it enough! If anyone has any questions or whatever please give me a shout, and there's also more information on Twitter through the #sportpanel hashtag. I'll leave you with this video we made last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9nwLWPUiO4

Thanks,

Colin
ctmillar
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Sports news in Kintyre