Still out west...islay

Post your photos from around the world.

Still out west...islay

Postby Buzz Lightyear » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:10 am

Then later this week i was in Islay finalising plans for its open day/air show on Sunday 19th August. Weather again was fine and the Island was really busy, the agricultural show was on on thursday, came across some locals from the toon, in fact had to run a pair from the show field to the ferry, one is a memebr on here and also is well known on the local radio :wink: u know who u are :D

Welcome to islay Airport

Islay terminal building, not a good photo as the building is actually quite nice.

Loganair SAAB 340 on the apron

on the way home on the ferry took a couple of snaps of the work at Port Askaig, new pier, linkspan & ramp for the Jura ferry has been/is being built, massive project for the island, over the last years they have removed a whole hill from the area :shock: Due for completion in october & is going to be 3 months behind schedule

jura ferry ramp

Cal Mac new linkspan & pier

Jura ferry at jura side slip across the sound from port Askaig

To infinity & beyond, & even at that do one!!!
Buzz Lightyear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:09 am

Nice ones Buzz, many a good time spent at the agricultural show. My wife's side of the family lived in Shore Street Bowmore (Campbell) .
When the weans were wee-er we regularly visited the Queen of the Hebrides.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Still out west...islay

Postby John A » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:27 am

Buzz Lightyear wrote: Weather again was fine and the Island was really busy, the agricultural show was on on thursday, came across some locals from the toon, in fact had to run a pair from the show field to the ferry, one is a memebr on here and also is well known on the local radio :wink: u know who u are :D

All this time reading your posts and I didn't know who Buzz lightyear was, anyway thanks for the lift back to the ferry, glad you kept your camera in your pocket while with us :D, had a grand time coming back met a couple of Germans and had a few drams with them :shock: I still managed to get back in time to go to the Beachcomber quiz.
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Buzz Lightyear » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:15 am

John A wrote:
Buzz Lightyear wrote: Weather again was fine and the Island was really busy, the agricultural show was on on thursday, came across some locals from the toon, in fact had to run a pair from the show field to the ferry, one is a memebr on here and also is well known on the local radio :wink: u know who u are :D

All this time reading your posts and I didn't know who Buzz lightyear was, anyway thanks for the lift back to the ferry, glad you kept your camera in your pocket while with us :D, had a grand time coming back met a couple of Germans and had a few drams with them :shock: I still managed to get back in time to go to the Beachcomber quiz.

Never had the camera in my pocket, yer erse was sittin on it on the passenger seat :lol: :lol:
Buzz Lightyear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby John A » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Buzz Lightyear wrote:
Never had the camera in my pocket, yer erse was sittin on it on the passenger seat :lol: :lol:

And its still working :?: :?: :shock:
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Buzz Lightyear » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:35 pm

John A wrote:
Buzz Lightyear wrote:

And its still working :?: :?: :shock:

i kno thats hoot i thot :lol: :lol:
Buzz Lightyear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Photos from around the world