Ren Faire near Houston, Texas

Post your photos from around the world.

Ren Faire near Houston, Texas

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:32 pm

Some pics and videos from the Renaissance Faire near Houston, Texas. It is every weekend for 8 weeks in October and November. Music, mead, beer, wine flowing, fireworks, performances, people dressed up, people dressed down.. some hardly dressed at all. Very fun festival.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/ ... re%202006/
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dgraves » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:57 pm

Great pictures, Bobbie!
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sweltered » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:59 am

Nice pics.

I don't get the rennaisance fair thing at all, the have one in Tampa, and a Pirate one, which is basically the same in Clearwater. Apart from the cleavage, I don't understand it.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:47 pm

Sweltered, this one was the best fair, renaissance or otherwise, that I have ever been to, and I've been all over the country. But I'd say the draw might be that it is a cross between halloween, imagination, people, getting a little insight into how people entertained themselves 500 years ago, music, performances, a beautiful setting in tall pines, being able to buy some very cool things, the fact you can get in for $34 for the whole weekend (how cheap is that) and the fact that you are part of a crowd of 32,000 people (Saturday's attendance) and never feeling crowded in very, very pleasant weather. The one in Houston has been going on for 30 years, so it is a permanent village.

It is fun dressing up, and half the crowd has cleavage, whether they are dressed up or not :lol: :lol:
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Photos from around the world