New Photos on Machrihanish Seabird and Wildlife Observatory

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

New Photos on Machrihanish Seabird and Wildlife Observatory

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:59 am

Just updated the photos on the Machrihanish Seabird and Wildlife Observatory. To view click below

http://www.machrihanishbirds.org.uk/index.htm

Here are a couple of samples - excellent quality. 8)

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: New Photos on Machrihanish Seabird and Wildlife Observatory

Postby FlyingDragon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:04 am

These are some beautiful photos! When did you take them and What type of birds are they. I saw a guy taking photos the day me and Caroline were at the Machrihanish Seabird Observatory.
Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Malky » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:28 pm

I think Eddie at the observatory takes the photos. Birds are a sparrowhawk, sand martins and a goldfinch. I haven't seen young sand martins for years - I really like that photo 8)

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:58 pm

FlyingDragon wrote:These are some beautiful photos! When did you take them and What type of birds are they. I saw a guy taking photos the day me and Caroline were at the Machrihanish Seabird Observatory.

Flying Dragon - all the photos were taken by Eddie Maguire the Warden at the Bird Obs. - you can see a small selection of his photos and details from June to October 2008 by clicking on the following link and clicking on the month.

http://www.machrihanishbirds.org.uk/pho ... /index.htm

Here is a photo of Eddie receiving his RAFOS plaque award from Campbeltown RAFA Branch chairman Bill Andrew.

RAFOS Award for Warden

Eddie Maguire, warden at the Machrihanish Seabird Observatory, was recently awarded the Royal Air Force Ornithological Society (RAFOS) plaque.

The award was presented to Eddie by the Society for his ‘hospitality, generosity and quality humour’ during a recent RAFOS expedition to the Mull of Kintyre. The Society was surveying tetrads for a major atlas project by the British Trust for Ornithology.

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:56 am

Fantastic pictures, Eddie is to be congratulated!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby minsyb » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Love the pictures, they're beautiful! What amazing wee things that birds are. :)
minsyb
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby FlyingDragon » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Flying Dragon - all the photos were taken by Eddie Maguire the Warden at the Bird Obs. - you can see a small selection of his photos and details from June to October 2008 by clicking on the following link and clicking on the month.

Thankyou for all the information that everyone here has given me. Eddie Maguire's photos are just fantastic! I have just begun to read an excellent book entitled "Kintyre Birds Notes, Quotes&Anecdotes" compiled by Angus Martin. Anyone vacationing here will forever remember the many and diverse species of birds that flavor your countryside. The Kintyre area has so much to offer. To be able to enjoy the coastal wildlife year round has to be paradise. I look forward to coming back to Kintyre are next year for the next round of your heavenly chorus. Adding in the mix of Campbeltown's friendly people makes Scotland an unforgettable experience of the heart.
Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby EMDEE » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Flying Dragon, your enthusiasm for Kintyre and Scotland in general is wonderful. :D

Pass the word round your friends and associates and let them know about the place too. We could do with as many of these visitors and dollars as we can get! :D
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Jock Strap » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Photos are superb - well done Eddie.

Strike me, Eddie you are looking youthful. I did always say looking at birds keeps you young! :wink: :mrgreen:

Great photos, well done again.
Jock Strap
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby FlyingDragon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:05 am

Flying Dragon, your enthusiasm for Kintyre and Scotland in general is wonderful. :D
Pass the word round your friends and associates and let them know about the place too. We could do with as many of these visitors and dollars as we can get! :D

I am currently showing off the pictures of Campbeltown area to all my friends and family. It is a place that will always stand out as an unforgettable vacation spot. What makes Campbeltown priceless is that not only is it a beautiful place, but it also has people that actually make lifelong friends.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:20 am

Just added 4 pictures for November plus updated the news from November last year at the Birds Observatory.

Interesting read.

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 pm

More news and photos updated for this year at the website

See http://www.machrihanishbirds.org.uk/index.htm

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:16 pm

News and photos updated on the Machrihanish Seabird and Wildlife Observatory for August to November at;

Grey Heron with Long-spined Sea Scorpion at MSBO 16th September '09 Eddie Maguire

Brent Geese MSBO 1st October '09 Eddie Maguire

Peregrine Falcon
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Photos from around Kintyre