Stackie rock photos

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Stackie rock photos

Postby amron » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:49 pm

Walked over to Stackie Rock near Peninver today haven't been there for years, used to go there often when growing up.
Was a beautiful day and spent ages watching the seals :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:16 pm

There are people in them there rocks! Looks like it was a gorgeous day, Amron. Nice pics.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Jeanette » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:54 pm

Amron it was a lovely day to take photos. It's years since I walked over there. Good photo's How many seals were there today?

jeanette
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby amron » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:29 pm

Jeanette there were 6 seals on the rocks and one in the water. The other night at Peninver we counted 25 seals.
Hadn't been to Stackie since staying in Peninver the older ones used to climb to the top. My sister is here so we're reliving our youth 8)
It was a lovely day this is looking back towards Peninver with Arran in the back ground. It was so warm and great fun walking over the rocks. :D

Used to imagine faces in the rocks :oops:
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:58 am

Cracking photos amroN, I remember going to the Stackie with a certain Piglet once of Peninver. Vaguely recall some cider being involved, but it was nearly (whisper it) 30 years ago :!: :!: :!:
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Reidiboy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:51 am

Great photos, delighted! %D%A%D%AI used to be able to almost run to the top of there in my younger days :shock: ! I used to lie on that flat stone right at the top and stare up at the sky!%D%A%D%AI think I will have to go over a walk when im back home in two weeks time :D :D :D !%D%A%D%AAlso, if I can remember correctly, there is a cracking wee bit of ground for Lobsters infront of Stakie :wink: !
I am not completely useless............................... I can be used as a bad example!
Reidiboy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby petewick » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:43 am

Brilliant photos, many happy days spent at the caravan at Eddies place, we always made the piligrimage to the Stackie.
Must be about 10 years since I was last there.
You certainly picked the right day to go.

petewick
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Stackie rock photos

Postby jdcarra » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:54 pm

amron wrote:Walked over to Stackie Rock near Peninver today haven't been there for years, used to go there often when growing up.
Was a beautiful day and spent ages watching the seals :D

Well I'm going to plead ignorant :roll: (no funny remarks now) but I also stayed, played, gathered wulk's etc etc at Peninver as a youngster and cannot remember this Stackie Rock or how it got its name :wink: . Is it below Upper Smerby.
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 pm

JD Stackie is probably below Upper Smerby, when walking from caravan site we only knew it was 4 corners round to get there. If you look in the photographers window there is a great ariel pic of Peninver and you can clearly see Stackie, not sure how it got its name. If I remember right there is a bit about Stackie in one of Angus Martins books.
Counted 28 seals lounging on the rocks today :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Photos from around Kintyre