Panoramas

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Re: Panoramas

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Just had a look at Muasdale Holiday Park.
This is on the static caravan page...."No Amusement Arcade
No Club House
No Shop (well stocked village shop 100 yards)
No Restaurant (hotels nearby)
No Swimming Pool (just the sea).
No Play Area (except the beach)."
Brilliant! :D

I can vouch for Muasdale too as someone who spent two weeks there every year as I grew up. Althought it was only 16 miles out of Campbeltown I still recall the fun we had and the excitement of being on holiday. Brilliant memories so much so that I visit Muasdale alot and get to live my youth through the kids. (crab fishing is a must! :mrgreen: )

Just to add there might not be a shop at the holiday park, and as it states there is one nearby which is a wonderful wee village shop that is open from 5.30am each morning to 5.30pm each night - the owners craic is priceless :mrgreen: And there isn't much you can't get so much so that my wee fella said last week at his excitement of getting what he wanted "Dad, this shop is miles better than Tescos! And it's only teensie!!" :lol: :lol:

A'Chleit is a wonderful spot for photos and more can be seen at viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8267 Though, unfortunately the beaches took a bit of a battering a couple of weeks ago during the storms and there is more seaweed on the shores than I recall ever seeing.

Oh, and back to the subject - I'll need to try a few Panoramas again! :mrgreen:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Muasdale Incomer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:
A'Chleit is a wonderful spot for photos and more can be seen at viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8267 Though, unfortunately the beaches took a bit of a battering a couple of weeks ago during the storms and there is more seaweed on the shores than I recall ever seeing.

Was along at Chleit today with the kids from Glenbarr Primary, helping with their beach clean, and can gladly report that most of the seaweed is now gone (as are several bags of washed up rubbish, 4 tyres, several mashed-up creels and a traffic cone :D ). Anyway had my camera/ipod so thought i'd get a bit more practice and took a few panoramic photos whilst enjoying the walk back along to the village.

Last edited by Muasdale Incomer on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muasdale Incomer
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Martin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Forgive me for butting in with these, but looking at the fine panorama pics here got me thinking of how easy it is to do that these days, and that is not meant to take anything away from the pics.
It's a far cry from when pics had to be matched up and placed together with the joins showing badly.

Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 pm

That Carradale one goes back a few years Martin,recognise the blue boat tied up was the big joiners,cannot remember his name but i did some work on his engine.Late 70's beginning of 80,do you have a date?
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Martin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 am

As far as I can work out the Carradale one would have been taken around 1986/7, certainly no later than 1988.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Muasdale Incomer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:38 pm

Another beautiful day in Muasdale, a bit overcast but lovely and still, just perfect for putting a few lobster creels out. Took a couple of photos, one of my father-in-law heading out with the first batch of creels and another back towards Muasdale from the Black Rocks on the way back to shore.

The village looks nice from the sea, maybe one day, once I've got the hang of rowing, I will manage down to Chleit and see how it looks from the sea.
Muasdale Incomer
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby numberplease » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Lovely pics Muasdale Incomer, wish I didn`t have to wait till August to be there again.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bonnie Lass » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:43 pm

don't the trees look weird with no leaves or brown leaves like Autumn in June, that storm surely messed up a lot of things.
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Muasdale Incomer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary to us :D :D

Why say it with flowers when writing on the beach in front of our wedding church is free!
Muasdale Incomer
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby jdcarra » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Muasdale Incomer wrote:Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary to us :D :D

Why say it with flowers when writing on the beach in front of our wedding church is free!

Excellent and congratulations :) .
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Congratulations!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Muasdale Incomer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:11 am

Across on Gigha yesterday enjoying their Music Festival, took some pictures on the way round from the pier to the boathouse for lunch.

And one back home in Muasdale whilst walking off dinner.Image
Muasdale Incomer
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ileach B » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:39 pm

The photo's of Muasdale and A'chleit are great, spent many days there crab fishing and learning to swim when summer seemed to last for weeks on end - Aye and the shop is good too! 8)
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Crowth » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:09 pm

[quote="Muasdale Incomer"]Across on Gigha yesterday enjoying their Music Festival, took some pictures on the way round from the pier to the boathouse for lunch.

I was over there a couple of weeks ago with the camera. I attempted similar shots to the ones you have posted, but not as successfully :oops:
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Muasdale Incomer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 am

Crowth wrote:
Muasdale Incomer wrote:Across on Gigha yesterday enjoying their Music Festival, took some pictures on the way round from the pier to the boathouse for lunch.

I was over there a couple of weeks ago with the camera. I attempted similar shots to the ones you have posted, but not as successfully :oops:

Thanks :D It was such a nice day and we were in no hurry so I had plenty of time to stand around firing off shots in all directions - went for quantity over quality and luckily they stitched together okay. I need to remember to take some of the sky as well as my pictures always end up a very long strip.

Anyway it was nice again yesterday so (just for a change :wink:) we headed to Chleit after school for some frisbee and paddling (the waters warming up nicely in the shallows), took a couple of pictures - one looking south to Chleit whilst out paddling and another towards Cara with a "detour" sign which has somehow ended up stuck on the rocks behind the church.

Muasdale Incomer
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

PreviousNext

Return to Photos from around Kintyre