Kintyre Way Relay

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Kintyre Way Relay

Postby Sid Gallagher » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 pm

I am trying to organise the support and marshals for the Campbeltown end of the Kintyre Way Relay. Is anybody able to help out? the relay will be on Saturday 1st May, the teams and individuals will start off at Tarbert at some silly hour on Saturday morning and the finishers will be arriving in CT from about three thirty onwards. We need people at aqualibrium to check off and look after the finishers. We also need marshalls at Gobagennan turn off, Milknowe stores and at Lochend turn off to usher the runners in the right direction and look after the road crossing. If we have enough helpers each person would be on for about an hour to two hours.

Marshalls in CT will operate on a rota from 3pm till about 8pm.

We also need one or two volunteer drivers to take runners back to Tayinloan in the Sports Council mini bus.

If you can help please use a pm and tell me when you are available. It's a really good event so I hope that some people are able to help out.
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Kintyre Way Relay

Postby caro » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Please could I ask anyone who is free on Saturday afternoon and evening, even just for a short period of time, to come along to the finish line for the Kintyre Way and show your support by 'bringing home' all the participants.

Finish will be at the War Memorial approx between 1530 and 1930 - it would be great to see more friendly faces at the finish line to cheer everyone to the end.

Hope to see some of you there!

Thanks
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 pm

caro i think the finishing line is at aqualibrium this year but check with sid. :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks fiona28 - that's right enough. As if you all hadn't ran far enough I was going to make everyone go that wee bit longer!! :oops:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck who is running in the Kintyre relay tomorrow .!!

Looking forward to seeing you all at the finishing line . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 pm

Just incase l have pm you ref the numbers and bibs (Up Hill Hurriers)

Bit jealous of everyone running tomorrow,weather hopfully on your side.

Have a good one all.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:19 pm

just popped on to wish all runners all the best for tomorrow.

May the wind be with you not on you :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 pm

I overheard your tactics talk tonight! :wink: gave us 4x4s a few hints!!

It was quite the running hub in the Argyll early this evening.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:15 pm

get away with you 4th, you fly like pegasus - over the top of the wind :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:20 am

sitting here very excited, oor wee elaine should be finished her leg or finishing it by now and tomorrows birthday boy stan will be going into his chunk. how are they all doing, babysitter coming at 9, cant wait to get out there n c wots going on :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat May 01, 2010 8:41 am

yep fiona, it's all very exciting...just getting ready to go now.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat May 01, 2010 10:32 pm

Well done everybody who took part today! It was good to be at the finish recording the times from 3pm till 5pm. There was a great atmosphere and good camaradarie!! Did the gang from the Newcastle area get a prize for the furthest travelled? Hope you all enjoy a rather large dram this evening!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby DJD » Sun May 02, 2010 1:19 am

well done all today,l saw blood ,no tears,just joy and few blisters,you all as usual put Campbeltown up there and it was great to see and l am sure amongst yourselves a well desevered smile and a pat on the back for each other and all.

Even the big boys had a fright and were seem too start to look towards the excuse why they could lose this run,as we would all do,so no disrepect to them on this statement.

Jog scotland improved their record,another bonus to the toon.

Big guns next year,we might not win it ,but we will beat this years record.

Well done Dumfrise AC,we hope to have the same braun,battle and banter next year.

Well done the 3 teams from Campbeltown 2010.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun May 02, 2010 8:00 am

For some reason, it's my head and not my legs that ache today :shock:

Maybe it's altitude sickness from all those inclines yesterday :lol:

Thanks DJD for inviting this old boy onto your team. As one who comes from a mainly footballing pusrsuit, to be part of a team again was tremendous.

Well done Dumfries Running Club. Sandy, if you're looking in, maybe we could sort out at wee run during the AGM in May. Nothing too hard though as it'll only be a couple of days before the MOKRUN half marathon.

This event is a great advert for Kintyre and Kintyre people. As Ags said, the camaraderie was absolutely fantastic. Each runner, at each station, had a story to tell, whether it be terrain, uphills, downhills, punctuality of next runner :lol: or whatever.

I take my hat off to everyone who participated, from the organisers, to the runners, to the volunteers who turned up on the day, without whose help it would not be possible.

I hope that you all enjoyed your evening last night, whether you were at the ceilidh at Tayinloan, the Old Clubhouse, or just moogering aboot like me and Mr Dott :@ trying to get fed.

Thanks to Stuart and Elaine for the lift back to Campbeltown. Of course, I didn't mean it Stu, when I asked you to clip that Dumfries runner with your wing mirror :evil:

Oh aye, one final thing-----congrats to Stan on his significant birthday.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Sun May 02, 2010 9:27 am

What an atmosphere yesterday.

Weather perfect,couple of showers on the Tayinloan/Carradale section, but did not dampen their spirits.Runners in my beat looked as if they really enjoyed it. The crowds of supporters, locals and visitors really made the day willing on the runners.
Event seems to be getting more popular and when speaking to some who said they will definitely be back next year.Well done to Rob,Sid and all who organise this annual event putting the area and the Kintyre Way on the map.Well done to the local teams. I had to rush away to Glasgow after but shall post my pics when i get home Monday evening.

I hope that you all enjoyed your evening last night at the ceilidh at Tayinloan.

Cheers
JD
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run