Car Share anyone?

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Car Share anyone?

Postby FiCole » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:33 pm

I've just registered for the Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon 2010 (sounds beautiful!) and will be travelling from Dumfries. I'm very keen to car share - I could meet up with someone in the central belt, or pick someone up on the way.

I hope someone out there is up for a car share - lets look after the environment and cut petrol costs!

Fiona xx
FiCole
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Car Share anyone?

Postby fatboy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:29 am

hello, my name is andrew and i've also joined the half marathon. i live in carlisle and was also thinking about a car share, i was thinking of traveling on the day, were u? also were u going to hang about after the race as i'll be quite keen to get home asap afterwards? hope we can come to some arrangement!!!!! my email is barrandy1@aol.com
fatboy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:46 am

fatboy wrote:hello, my name is andrew and i've also joined the half marathon. i live in carlisle and was also thinking about a car share, i was thinking of traveling on the day, were u? also were u going to hang about after the race as i'll be quite keen to get home asap afterwards? hope we can come to some arrangement!!!!! my email is barrandy1@aol.com

AndreW , I take it you know it's about a 5 hour drive from Carlise to Campbeltown , a long journey for just one day . Worth considering coming the day before , lots on over the race weekend so you won't be disappointed .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fatboy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 am

i would stay for the weekend but my wife refuses to go, so i've got to do it on the day:- dam it, i must be mad, r u staying for the weekend?
fatboy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:58 am

Sorry Andrew I live in the area but was just pointing out the distance involved . the weekend is jam packed with events so your wife won't be bored if you can persuade her to come and cheer you on . :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fatboy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:27 am

hmmmmmmmmmmm, i've tryed and tryed but i have to stop short of holding a gun to her head, 5am rise for me :( , hope its worth it :D
fatboy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:16 pm

it will be worth it Fatboy but you better make that 3.15!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Crowth » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Fatboy

Have you realised that the original posting here by FiCole relates to the 2010 half marathon and was posted in January last year? Don't be surprised if you don't get a response from her :)
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run