MOKRUN 2010 - ONLINE ENTRIES NOW OPEN

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: MOKRUN 2010 - ONLINE ENTRIES NOW OPEN

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:47 pm

Superb news, well done to everyone involved. To be voted the 2nd best race in the UK is a superb achievement! 8)

We received this e-mail the other day with regards this year race so time to start entering folks!

Dear Runner

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Just a reminder to you all that the 5th Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k will take place on Sunday 30th May 2010 with places going fast so please enter soon to avoid disappointment.

The quickest and easiest way to enter is online at - http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/mokrun where you can also purchase Pasta Party tickets (£9) and Post-run Ceilidh tickets (£12) (there is no extra cost to enter online). If entering online is not possible you can download an entry form from our new updated website http://www.mokrun.com or pick one up from Intersport, Campbeltown or Aqualibrium, Campbeltown.

As in previous years there will also be many other events organised over race weekend including a Junior Fun Run for children. Entry forms for the Junior race (main entry form) can be downloaded from our website - http://www.mokrun.com

Due to the high demand for the 2009 race we advise you to enter early to avoid disappointment.

Hoping to see you all again for a great race in 2010.

MOKRUN Committee

If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:33 pm

I read on one of these threads that spaces are filling up. What % of the 650 places are now booked?

The reason I ask is that I have a couple of friends who are keen to do the MOK run this year - it will involve a lot of travel and accommodation that they need to book first. Obviously, they don't want to sort the logistics then find the race is full!

Cheers, M
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby elainemck » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi Mary

Only about 40% full at the moment so plenty spaces left! They are going fast though since the turn of the year so I would advise anyone that is wanting to enter to enter soon.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi Elaine

That is really helpful, Elaine - thanks for that! I suspect the Runners' World publicity will mean that places start to go faster now. My friends plan to get booked up over the next couple of weeks, so should be fine.

Just thinking too ... more than 250 places booked already. That is almost as much as the full complement in the first year! And that was only in 2006.

Really well done to all involved :D
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Joan Brown » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:18 pm

I didn't manage the run last year for health reasons but hoping to do it this year if I can find a reasonably cheap B&B near the esplanade for3 nights. We are coming from Glasgow by bus and as my husband has walking difficulties we need to be near the centre of town. The excellent place we stayed in the last time is fully booked already and the equally good place the year before is nolonger doing B&B so I will try the Info.centre tomorrow and if successful will get my entry in. Looks like this event is getting just too popular- of course it is my favourite as well!. Happy New Year to you all!
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:16 am

Joan Brown wrote:I didn't manage the run last year for health reasons but hoping to do it this year if I can find a reasonably cheap B&B near the esplanade for3 nights. We are coming from Glasgow by bus and as my husband has walking difficulties we need to be near the centre of town. The excellent place we stayed in the last time is fully booked already and the equally good place the year before is nolonger doing B&B so I will try the Info.centre tomorrow and if successful will get my entry in. Looks like this event is getting just too popular- of course it is my favourite as well!. Happy New Year to you all!

Joan,

Try Earadale B&B which has just opened in Campbeltown. Its along Shore Street and is really nice. See

http://www.kintyreaccommodation.com/bb/ ... /index.htm

for more detail

If no luck give me a shout and will try and help.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Thanks SCD, I was just going to post the same thing. Hope you get something booked ok Joan.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Lel » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Thats me entered the 10k. Looking forward to it and hoping i'll improve on last years time.
Lel
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Joan Brown » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Elaine and SCD
Thanks for your recommendation-we are now fixed up at Earadale which looks great. I then tried to enter the run on line and after filling in everything my payment details were not accepted!! Maybe I got the password wrong so will now try again- hope there are still places left!
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Joan Brown » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

That's it!!! Accommodation,pasta party, 10krun, ceilidh---all sorted!!!! All that's needed now is a fast thaw so I can get down to some serious training.Our Jogscotland session last night was cancelled due to all the snow and ice still on the pavements and footpaths- I believe you haven't had much snow in Campbeltown- well,we are thoroughly sick of it now!
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby roo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi
I was wondering if anyone who ran last year can tell me how competitive it is. I ran the great north run last year and really like the sound of this half marathon as well but I'm quite slow. But I don't really want to enter if I'm going to be last by hours!
roo
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:59 pm

Last place is usually about the 4 hr mark Roo, but its not when or how long it takes you to finish that counts, its the taking part.
Come and taste the atmosphere of this run for yourself, I guarantee you will come back.
When you cross the finish line you will be cheered as if you had just won the race yourself, that is just one of the things that make the MOK run so very very special, and one of the most popular races in Britain, if you want to know thew rest of them, you will have to enter and come see for yourself.
Also the pre race warm up by oor Fiona28 is a must too be involved in.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:17 am

Joan Brown wrote:That's it!!! Accommodation,pasta party, 10krun, ceilidh---all sorted!!!! All that's needed now is a fast thaw so I can get down to some serious training.Our Jogscotland session last night was cancelled due to all the snow and ice still on the pavements and footpaths- I believe you haven't had much snow in Campbeltown- well,we are thoroughly sick of it now!

Glad you are all sorted now Joan and ready to get into serious training :D A few others seem to have had problems using the online payment system but a second go seems to do the trick!

roo wrote:Hi
I was wondering if anyone who ran last year can tell me how competitive it is. I ran the great north run last year and really like the sound of this half marathon as well but I'm quite slow. But I don't really want to enter if I'm going to be last by hours!

Hi Roo, Mokrun is only as competitive as you want it to be - many run/jog it and the last finishers are usually over the 3 hour mark and as Ninja says they get cheered on by the friendly local crowds. I've been to many smaller races 'up the road' which were really competitive and just didn't have our friendly laid back atmosphere. I hope you will come and give it a bash :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:59 am

Roo, as an outsider,l can assure you that Campbeltown people will give you a big "Welcome" any time, day or hour,as Elaine and Ninja have already enticed you even more.

One of the best weekends you will have on the running sceen in the Uk as the race is just one part of the whole party.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby roo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks for the reassurence everyone. We're just checking out accommodation etc and hopefully you'll us there!
roo
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run