Another brilliant race

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Another brilliant race

Postby linda » Sun May 24, 2009 2:40 pm

I never took part but what a fantastic atmosphere again this year. I would like to congratulate the committee for another brilliant race, every year seems to get better and better.

They seem to have everything organised right down to a tee and its nice to see so many visitors coming to support the event. The goody bags are first class :D (hopefully will manage to get t shirts next year, they seem to get better as well)

Cant wait till the dance tonight. Well done everyone that took part
linda
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Another brilliant race

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Sun May 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Well done everyone today, great effort by all involved - I spoke to a number of visitors who were delighted with the entire event. :D
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iaincr » Sun May 24, 2009 6:43 pm

:D :D :D :D

Once again very big thanks to the Mokrun organising comittee, all the stewards, bag packers, food people,

This is without a shadow of a doubt the best organised event I run in every year and special thanks for turning down the wind this year and making the dunes section more grassy.

Cheers to all and see you next year.

Iain
iaincr
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun May 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Would just like to share these sentiments. Always enjoyed it as a spectator but enjoyed running this year. (well I think I did!)

Brilliant atmosphere, brilliant goody bag and brilliant organisation from start to finish.

Now for the Ceilidh - I don't know if my legs can handle it but I certainly have a thirst!!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Adamsfamily » Sun May 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Congratulations to all the committee what a fantastic run. As a newish runner you have spoilt me for other runs now as I don't think anything else can come close. Great goodie bag and t-shirt and the pastry and coffee went down a treat. Support along the route was great. :D Will definitaly be back next year. Well done and hope everyone enjoys the Ceilidh tonight.
Adamsfamily
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby jdcarra » Sun May 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Well the weather held off and what an atmosphere in the wee toon today :) .
No wheel spins this year, but the leader and eventual winner of the 10k was going so fast that we did not see him passing us at Dalintober :shock: (to busy taking photos).
Congratulations to all runners, walkers and the committee etc. etc. Lots of photos taken by myself and friend Steve, some good others not so, but memories again of a fantastic day.
Well done to Jackie.

Photos will be posted once sorted out.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby TB » Sun May 24, 2009 8:12 pm

Would just like to add my thanks to the MOKrun committee for organising another fab event . I don't think we appreciate how much work actually goes on behind the scenes in the weeks, days and hours before the event to ensure everything goes like clockwork :D :D Thanks alsoto the marshals and the caterers(that danish pastry tastes better every year :D ), to all the spectators who lined the route to cheer us on ...........it makes such a difference :D and not forgetting the musical interludes, well done :D

Congratulations to all the runners/walkers, and to all who achieved PB's..............including myself :D didn't quite make the sub 55 as hoped but only 3 secs out......definitely next year. Running conditions were really good today but my legs wouldn't go any faster and I was suffering from a stitch from 3K onwards so I'll blame that :wink: Rabid did great and came home in 47.01 so he is Mr Happy :D

Hope you all have a fantastic time at the ceilidh, unfortunately yet another year goes by and we can't make it. :( :cry: If rabid is working again next year, I just might have to go myself :P :P

Off to get myself a well deserved glass of wine...................CHEERS MOKrun! :D :D
TB
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun May 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks to all the wonderful helpers. It would not be possible to have such a successful event without the hendreds of helpers and spectators.
cant even begin to list them tonight.
The people of Campbeltown..........done good! :D
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Mon May 25, 2009 7:53 am

Brilliant day, thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done to the committee for a well organised event and amazingly the weather was good too! Just need to sort my head out after the ceilidh!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Mon May 25, 2009 10:43 am

Just like to add my thanks to the MoK team and anyone else that played a part in making yet another weekend of sheer enjoyment for us Runners.

Thanks again it was brilliant.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rabidcabbage » Mon May 25, 2009 12:15 pm

I regard this as my home running event. It is one of my favourite days out each year. And I also regard it as my jinx event. After the first year I have been progressively slower. So I lined up at the start with nervous bowels this year. The bit that hurts shortly after the start klaxon and stops hurting shortly after crossing the finishing line went well and I managed a personal course pb.
The organisers have got everything right about this event and the friendly local support from people of all ages was uplifting. Another great t shirt and fantastic mug.
Mrs Cabbage is inspired after her performance.
Well done to everyone organising and supporting this event. It puts The Wee Toon on the map for all the right reasons. :D
rabidcabbage
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Pans Lass » Mon May 25, 2009 5:31 pm

TB wrote:Would just like to add my thanks to the MOKrun committee for organising another fab event . I don't think we appreciate how much work actually goes on behind the scenes in the weeks, days and hours before the event to ensure everything goes like clockwork :D :D Thanks alsoto the marshals and the caterers(that danish pastry tastes better every year :D ), to all the spectators who lined the route to cheer us on ...........it makes such a difference :D and not forgetting the musical interludes, well done :D

Hope you all have a fantastic time at the ceilidh, unfortunately yet another year goes by and we can't make it. :( :cry: If rabid is working again next year, I just might have to go myself :P :P

Off to get myself a well deserved glass of wine...................CHEERS MOKrun! :D :D

What a brilliant weekend from start to finish !

And TB you are right about ..there is a HUGE amount of work involved behind the scenes as I witnessed being on the committee this year to make it such a successful event....they leave no stone unturned .....so i would like to say a huge thanks to Elaine , John B , Hendrie , Tom , John G and Jennifer G.

And well done TB and Rabid too , sorry I missed you guys . You would have loved the ceilidh too ...what a brilliant end to a brilliant day .

Now for the ceilidh thats another thread ....don't know if the legs are sore from the race or the ceilidh . :oops: Strange how you get a second wind after a few sherbets . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon May 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Just wanted to mention how the conditions for yesterdays race for runners was just perfect ...we could not have asked for better but not sure if the marshals and spectators agreed . :lol: But thanks guys we could not have done it without you .!
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MOKRUN 2010 » Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Well done everyone who took part and the many many helpers and marshals that made the event possible. The whole community turned out to support the runners and we even had good running weather!

Thank you for all your feedback - the committee will be taking a wee break before starting the preparation for 2010!

Provisional race results for 2009 can now be found on our website http://www.mokrun.com

and you can also view some of the fantastic photos John McFadyen took over the courses at http://www.johnmcfadyenphotography.com

There will be more photos in this week's courier.
Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon & 10k
Sunday 29th May 2011, 10.30 am
http://www.mokrun.com
MOKRUN 2010
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Pans Lass » Mon May 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Fabulous photos once again from local photographer John MCfadyen . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict