Craig Mathieson, polar explorer.

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Craig Mathieson, polar explorer.

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed May 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Dont forget the talk by Craig Mathieson on Saturday evening folks.

Free talk by the Scottish polar explorer, who led the first Scottish expedition to the South Pole. He will talk about his amazing exploits to the North and South Poles. Booking form available at Aqualibrium or email events@mokrun.com. The talk is part of the Kintyre 10k and Half-Marathon events, sponsored by Kintyre Healthy Living Partnership.

He is an excellent, interesting, motovational and funny speaker with wonderful stories to tell.

Argyll Arms Hotel, Main Street, Campbeltown Argyll Bute PA28 6AB

5pm

Saturday 23 May 09
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Craig Mathieson, polar explorer.

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

dont forget the talk folks!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri May 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Just making sure this stays at the top.....please attend if you can.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sat May 23, 2009 1:55 am

I would imagine that would be very interesting, 4th. How many times has he been to antarctica? Would be interesting to hear his thoughts about global warming and how the terrain has changed.

This is probably common knowledge there, but dayum! just googled him and found that he "completed the 730-mile Antarctic expedition three days early....most of it alone".. :shock:
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat May 23, 2009 10:24 am

Bobbie En Tejas wrote:I would imagine that would be very interesting, 4th. How many times has he been to antarctica? Would be interesting to hear his thoughts about global warming and how the terrain has changed.

This is probably common knowledge there, but dayum! just googled him and found that he "completed the 730-mile Antarctic expedition three days early....most of it alone".. :shock:

Its going to be a interesting talk Bobby so hopefully we will have a good turn out today . Inspirational to say the least !

As 4th said please come along and hear ALL about how he conquered this ...it will give you inspiration for tomorrow's race.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat May 23, 2009 10:28 am

See you at 5pm folks....
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun May 24, 2009 9:43 pm

Craig's talk was very, very good. The hour passed in no time at all.

He stayed to start the race today and made a grand job of that too!
I was pretty worried about his safety mind you, up that rickety 2 foot ladder with that loud loud air horn/klaxon :lol:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon May 25, 2009 5:08 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:Craig's talk was very, very good. The hour passed in no time at all.

He stayed to start the race today and made a grand job of that too!
I was pretty worried about his safety mind you, up that rickety 2 foot ladder with that loud loud air horn/klaxon :lol:

Loved every minute of Craig's talk...it was inspiring to say the least with lots of added humour..a man I could listen to for hours without getting bored. Its great how he formed the polar academy and travels around giving motivational talks to school children . His story of the 16 year old he' turned around 'was moving and just goes to prove that with the right attitute and encouragement anything can be achieved.

When running yesterday i hit pain in my ankle/foot around the 9 mile mark and with still 4 miles to go I said to myself I hope i can run through this pain and reach my goal and then Craigs story came to mind and I remembered what he said about mind over matter and I kept thinking if he can reach the South Pole with painful frost bitten toes 53 days into his exhibition with only 3 days to go this is nothing . So by mile 11 I had distracted my mind away from it and finished almost pain free . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run