10k Route

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

10k Route

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue May 05, 2009 9:43 pm

Out of interest where exactly is each kilometer of the 10k route? I have a rough idea but as I haven't run the route previously (due to my involvement in World Tunnocks Tea Cake eating competition :oops: ) I am unsure of where they are exactly. Like where you turn on Low Askomil and where you turn on Kilkerran?

Just trying to work out if I have covered 2km yet. 8)

Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: 10k Route

Postby hendrie » Tue May 05, 2009 9:55 pm

the turn at low askomil is at approx 3km and the turn point on kilkerran road is at around 6.4km. if you look carefully you might be able to see last years yellow paint marking the km marks on the road, to be refreshed soon !
hendrie
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby peenkles21 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Try this SCD:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-kingdom/campbeltown/408103593249

Its in miles but you can change to Km
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed May 06, 2009 5:35 pm

Or in layman's terms SCD.. Mile 1 is at the juction outside Babette's, turning point 1 is outside Gus Bucthers hoose gate, mile 2 is Craigard entrance, mile 3 is the broo, turning point 2 is the slow sign on the road at Barbreck house, mile 4 is at the new bus shelter just after you turn, mile five is at the bus turning pick up point for the grammar wains, and the 6.12 (just short of 10k btw)is a the feinishen line.
Hope you understand this ok, and hope you can get round without eating a whole box of my favourite T cakes, ya fat bloater yeh. :oops:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dunc R » Wed May 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Ninga,

Your version far more erudite.
Dunc R
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby MOKRUN 2010 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Ninja, just to follow up on your comment about the 10k course distance, the course routes (both the 10km and the half marathon) have been measured and set out accurately based on Ordnance Survey Mapping data. The "Map my Run" software you referred to is fine but doesnt have the detail on it for setting out things accurately.
Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon & 10k
Sunday 29th May 2011, 10.30 am
http://www.mokrun.com
MOKRUN 2010
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu May 07, 2009 11:32 pm

Firstly, it was peenkles who mentioned the map my run not me.
I have run this route a few times based on information given to me on the where abouts of the 2 turning points on the route, and every time I run it my Garmin reads 6.12.
Perhaps I have been given the wrong position of the turning points, ( this is possible).
I will wait for the markings to be redone and try the route again.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu May 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:Or in layman's terms SCD.. Mile 1 is at the juction outside Babette's, turning point 1 is outside Gus Bucthers hoose gate, mile 2 is Craigard entrance, mile 3 is the broo, turning point 2 is the slow sign on the road at Barbreck house, mile 4 is at the new bus shelter just after you turn, mile five is at the bus turning pick up point for the grammar wains, and the 6.12 (just short of 10k btw)is a the feinishen line.
Hope you understand this ok, and hope you can get round without eating a whole box of my favourite T cakes, ya fat bloater yeh. :oops:

Typical. You ask for it in kilometers and neenie ninja tells you it in miles. :roll: :D

But thanks anyway for the compliment. :wink:

Here is the route sent to me for the website today and it is 10k. 8) I suspect one factor that has to be remembered is the route is on the road so there will be bits cut off if you are on the pavement.

If you right click on the map and rotate clockwise 3 times you'll be able to read it properly - sorry but it is just the way it was sent to me.

http://www.mokrun.com/10k/10K%20Route.pdf
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run