10k training

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: 10k training

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Katfer wrote:Donald, was discussing that with Jen21 the other day, we thought we must have been mad, swore we would never follow a training schedule like that again, but here we are again, although Jen21's training schedule just a wee bit tougher than mine :oops: :oops: :oops:

The girls and I enjoyed the fartlek session tonight despite the wind on our warm up and are keen to do a Thursday too. If we are to make it a regular slot, which I think we will, will post the training schedule each week.

:(

Now dont scare me off with that old training plan Katfer ... :oops: :oops:

DJD wrote:That will be good to read,whats the reason you can't start at 6 as befor, are we so intimidating to the others that are training with you or are that that shy.

...not at all DJD ... infact we were reminiscing about how much we enjoyed training with you guys on a Tuesday night ...those days will come again I am sure. To be honest 6.15pm was a compromise to suit everyone who wanted to take part on a Tuesday night, feel free to join us . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:43 pm

Cool,but l'm a 6 oclock man,but thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 am

DJD wrote:That will be good to read,whats the reason you can't start at 6 as befor, are we so intimidating to the others that are training with you or are that that shy.

...not at all DJD ... infact we were reminiscing about how much we enjoyed training with you guys on a Tuesday night ...those days will come again I am sure. To be honest 6.15pm was a compromise to suit everyone who wanted to take part on a Tuesday night, feel free to join us . :wink:[/quote]
DJD wrote:Cool,but l'm a 6 oclock man,but thanks

It's a shame we can't even do our warm ups together although we're following different plans, hopefully we can join forces at some point as it's good getting a wee chat during the warm up - I don't have the lung capacity to talk much after that !! :lol: However, 6 oclock suits me better some nights too as I need to get away sharper for things but 6.15 suits me better some nights too so I may flit between depending what I've got on.

Looking forward to some hard training sessions, you keep us right katfer! :wink:
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:33 am

Elaine,that is the concept of the Tuesday and Thursday nights like last year when everyone was doing different distance's l think young Jen21 would like at least some chat befor her hard training session,instead of just me rattling on about how to go about her marathon.(it will give her some breather)

Putting everthing a side,you have a very good person in Kafter at the helm and stick with what she envisage's your training should consist off and you will reap the rewards.

Here is food for thought,with all the peoples skills and abilities you have a round here in Campbeltown,maby one day you all could get together and have an actual Affiliated Running Club,with everyone under one umbrella without breaking up the established groups,(Jog Scotland).Also establish Campbeltown on the running circle of the bigger clubs in Scotland.

Then you could have a club night say a Wednesday (althougth you don't have venue) meet and use a facility to change etc then pick a nice pub to all relax and enjoy and swop stories,etc.

This will be for all running abilities to actually get together and belong as one.

Some will think its a good idea,some will think its completely shite idea.The Wee Toon Runners can move forward and and someday it might be its next step.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Yeah it would be good to have everyone running together but i suppose not everyone can make it at that time.

Usually there are a few that cant make 6pm but usually catch up with us on the warm up or on our way back from our warm up, the warm up is always the same route. It would be good having everyone running at 6pm on a tues & thurs, what do you think? Im not doing the 10k training mind you, so its really upto yourselves. Just a thought, but would be good to get everyone running together :)
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby jen21 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Meant to say, i enjoy your chat DJD. Your always giving me good pointers and advice! :D
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby elainemck » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 pm

DJD wrote:Elaine,that is the concept of the Tuesday and Thursday nights like last year when everyone was doing different distance's l think young Jen21 would like at least some chat befor her hard training session,instead of just me rattling on about how to go about her marathon.(it will give her some breather)

quote="jen21"]Yeah it would be good to have everyone running together but i suppose not everyone can make it at that time.

Usually there are a few that cant make 6pm but usually catch up with us on the warm up or on our way back from our warm up, the warm up is always the same route. It would be good having everyone running at 6pm on a tues & thurs, what do you think? Im not doing the 10k training mind you, so its really upto yourselves. Just a thought, but would be good to get everyone running together :)

Ha ha DJD, Jen21 loves your chat and so do we, you keep us motivated - that's why we missed it on Tue :wink: ! I think most of us can make it for 6pm so that would be fine and anyone running late could maybe just join us for our warmup which is always the same - down to rocky burn. Stu is always a bit late anyway coming from kilmory and just joins in where/when he can. Jocelyn would this be ok for you on tuesdays? I think you mentioned it might be tight for you? let us know as don't want to leave anyone out, it was a good wee group on Tuesday night doing fartlek.

I'll be there for 6pm then katfer tomorrow if that suits? DJD you are right about katfer, she'll keep us right :D

DJD wrote:Here is food for thought,with all the peoples skills and abilities you have a round here in Campbeltown,maby one day you all could get together and have an actual Affiliated Running Club,with everyone under one umbrella without breaking up the established groups,(Jog Scotland).Also establish Campbeltown on the running circle of the bigger clubs in Scotland.

This will be for all running abilities to actually get together and belong as one.

Some will think its a good idea,some will think its completely shite idea.The Wee Toon Runners can move forward and and someday it might be its next step.

I for one think it's a fantastic idea and thought this would have been done before now to be honest. I thought you might've been the man to set it up DJD? or even formalise the Tue/Thus.

I think this is maybe where the Wee Toon Runners is heading? As it feels like a 'club' at the moment and I like the idea of going to the pub after!!!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 pm

Yes, am happy with 6pm or what ever suits most people. Will be there for 6pm and see what happens.

Did a wee 3 mile run tonight and oh by gosh my legs are stiff after last nights antics, been a while, but it was great. :D :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Katfer wrote:Yes, am happy with 6pm or what ever suits most people. Will be there for 6pm and see what happens.

Did a wee 3 mile run tonight and oh by gosh my legs are stiff after last nights antics, been a while, but it was great. :D :D

Did a wee 3 mile myself last night katfer to try loosen the legs after tuesday night training , which I really enjoyed .

6pm be okay for me tonight too however spoke to Moi and we are having to keep to 6.15pm Tuesday evenings to accomodate others , no worries katfer if 6pm suits you with DJD and co we happy to do our own thing as originally planned but would really like to continue with the training plan you have as really enjoyed our session Tuesday with you and the group . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:12 pm

great to see so much going on folks, i had hoped the new format of a saturday might expand The Wee Toon Runners (Jogscotland)name and also with djd running the series it highlighted this also. Do think however if you guys are thinking on setting up a running club it will need to be seperate from the wee toon runners as our committee has enough on its plate with mondays, thursdays and saturdays, this would just be too quick an expansion for us to cope with at the minute, the expansion of our saturdays is our first step. A running club is something i had also hoped the wee toon runners may eventually end up but there is no way we are ready for that type of expansion at the minute.

djd has been the greatest help in the whole wide world to me with Jogscotland I always looked on tuesdays and thursday training as djd's (who i see as my running guru) - when we didnt feel fast enough to chase after them gail, moi, francis and myself did our own wee training plan on a Tuesday as the times also were not suitable for moi at the time and joc cant do 6 either.
But if djd or katfer or a combo want to take the idea of a running club on go for it :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:19 pm

l am happy with the tuesday being

Billy no mates run's at 6 oclock

Friends Reunited start at 6:15

Honest l am happy with that,l love a happy ending.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:49 pm

DJD wrote:l am happy with the tuesday being

:lol: ha ha

6.15 suits me if that's what suits the majority, don't want to leave anyone out, just thought it was a shame we couldn't do our warm ups together to get the banter and the guru aka DJD's running advice :D You can always wait on us :wink:

Really enjoyed tonight's training too despite the awful weather, yet again!

fiona28 wrote:great to see so much going on folks, i had hoped the new format of a saturday might expand The Wee Toon Runners (Jogscotland)name and also with djd running the series it highlighted this also. Do think however if you guys are thinking on setting up a running club it will need to be seperate from the wee toon runners as our committee has enough on its plate with mondays, thursdays and saturdays, this would just be too quick an expansion for us to cope with at the minute, the expansion of our saturdays is our first step. A running club is something i had also hoped the wee toon runners may eventually end up but there is no way we are ready for that type of expansion at the minute.

I agree Fiona28. I also had hoped the wee toon runners would end up to be an official running club but we can wait and see what happens.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Like happy endings too even though I interrogated you earlier DJD , thanks for listening , I can sleep now . :)

Another good run tonight with the group despite the weather , not easy running into that cold icy wind even on the warm up. Thanks to Moi , Katfer and Elaine for the support and encouraging me to keep going. Rest day tomorrow for me as its been a hard week and we still have Saturday to go . :oops:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Like happy endings too even though I interrogated you earlier DJD , thanks for listening , I can sleep now . :)

Another good run tonight with the group despite the weather , not easy running into that cold icy wind even on the warm up. Thanks to Moi , Katfer and Elaine for the support and encouraging me to keep going. Rest day tomorrow for me as its been a hard week and we still have Saturday to go . :oops:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Rest day 2 day also Pans lass, my legs r aching!!!

Think everyone agreed last night that those wishing to take part in the 10k training that we would meet on Tuesday at 6.15pm and Thursday at 6pm. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If this doesn't suit everyone, please let me know as don't want anyone left out that would like to take part.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run