10k training

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: 10k training

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 pm

elainemck wrote:That's fine, I managed a few hills this morning. How was it? I seen jen21 doing the knockscalbert hill and looking strong.

well done elaine getting out there on your own and doing hills . :)

Now that i have finally recovered I can only say that 8 x 1 min repeats up Knockscalbert hill with a short recovery in between was the toughest training session yet for me .Dont think I want to repeat that one too often . :oops: By the end I was feeling quite sick so cant imagine how Jen and Gary felt after 10 x 2 min repeats . :shock: I just kept saying to myself ....its got to be good for me , its got to be .... :oops:

well done everyone involved and to jen and Gary too, cant wait now til thursday Katfer . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Wow I am impressed guys, just read through all the threads and seen yous did the 8 x 1 hills tonight, good going! I only managed 4 hills today so will try and put another hill session in soon.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:31 am

Them hills were the most horrible thing ive ever experienced, even my bum is soooo sore today. Does anyone else have sore bums etc? :lol: I can hardly walk, sit...basically cant do anything. My 8miles tonight should be fun! Well done to everyone though, you's all ran great. When you's were finishing i was really tempted to just give up, i prob would have if Gary hadnt been there. Thank god im not doing them for a while....i hope. I do have them again in my schedule though, this time 12 of them :shock: Im down for a steady 7miles tomoro night so will just go out at 5 to get it over and done with.

Keep up the good work guys :D
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Jen, I had that dull ache in my bum when we done the hills with the boy's a couple of week's ago, but at least I dont sit on it all day so it was bearable, I was kinda scared to ask that question, well it would have drawn so funny answer's i'm sure.

Good running and workout for Katfer and her Tuesday gang, well done to you all :oops: glad I never made it, as I had a tartget I wanted to reach, but will be back for Thursday night's programme.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Tuesday gang was looking good until they met me. :twisted: Keep to the side of the road, you were all over it when I was coming along. :D Apologies mind you but Moi's face was a picture! :lol:

Back to the thread - your training schedule is impressive to say the least. Well done to you all. Keep up the hard work. :mrgreen:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:Tuesday gang was looking good until they met me. :twisted: Keep to the side of the road, you were all over it when I was coming along. :D Apologies mind you but Moi's face was a picture! :lol:

:

lol lol ... :lol: :lol: We thought you were just trying to bump us all off SCD ....five in one go too just like skittles so you had a better chance of winning the MOK . lol lol

Maybe, just sometimes , us runners think we own the road so on behalf of the group accept our apologies too . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:58 pm

No way.....it SCD's driving :lol: :lol:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Katfer wrote:No way.....it SCD's driving :lol: :lol:

Didna want to say that Katfer ...incase we met Ship again on 'his' side of the toon .
:wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:37 am

jen21 wrote:Them hills were the most horrible thing ive ever experienced, even my bum is soooo sore today. Does anyone else have sore bums etc? :lol: I can hardly walk, sit...basically cant do anything. My 8miles tonight should be fun! Well done to everyone though, you's all ran great. When you's were finishing i was really tempted to just give up, i prob would have if Gary hadnt been there. Thank god im not doing them for a while....i hope. I do have them again in my schedule though, this time 12 of them :shock: Im down for a steady 7miles tomoro night so will just go out at 5 to get it over and done with.

Keep up the good work guys :D

Jen, I felt ok yesterday until I tried to run and my legs wouldn't work, so only managed 3 easy miles. Today my hips are really stiff and and I've got this blinking pyramid session tonight :<> :<> Maybe that will loosen things up a bit :lol:

Hope your 8 miles wasn't too bad!
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 pm

So glad to report that tonights Pyramid session was a pleasure to do compared to Tuesday's hills for me ...not that is was easy but I just felt that bit stronger even tho the legs were tired :D Just glad its all over for this weeks 10k training . :D

Hope you have recovered too Jen especially your bummmmmm :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Managed to do the pyramid session alongside jen21's 7 miler but still found it tough although it was a lovely evening for a run. Will hopefully be back with the group next week.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Tues: 15 x 1min (fast) x 1min recovery (6.15pm)

Thurs: 8x3min (fast) x 1min recovery (6pm)

Sorry, I won't make Thurs this week so will have to do it on Friday evening instead.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:45 pm

[quote="Katfer"]Tues: 15 x 1min (fast) x 1min recovery (6.15pm)

./quote]

I must say the worse part to last nights training was the mile warm up down to rocky burn thru that icy cold wind ....I felt I had went back on my training as i struggled to fight my way down there . It was worse than the 15 X 1 min (fast) or was it 16 x 1 min in the end :shock: :shock:

Good running everyone .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Moi and I ventured out tonight on our own and managed the 8 x 3 mins (fast) session . What a difference it made tonight not having to run against the icy wind . A perfect night for running . Just glad thats this weeks 10k training out the way and its REST day tomorrow :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:51 am

Pans Lass wrote:Moi and I ventured out tonight on our own and managed the 8 x 3 mins (fast) session . What a difference it made tonight not having to run against the icy wind . A perfect night for running . Just glad thats this weeks 10k training out the way and its REST day tomorrow :D

Welldone Moi & Pans Lass!

Just back from a few days away, so am going to try the 8x3mins this morning, not looking forward to it :oops: :oops:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run