kintyre way relay 2009

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: kintyre way relay 2009

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat May 02, 2009 9:55 am

jdcarra wrote:
fiona28 wrote:Don't worry "fiona28", i have put out the direction arrows for you :lol:.
Hope they are pointing the right way :roll: :wink:.

Also hope you have the right week this time Johnny! :lol:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat May 02, 2009 12:28 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:
jdcarra wrote:
fiona28 wrote:Don't worry "fiona28", i have put out the direction arrows for you :lol:.
Hope they are pointing the right way :roll: :wink:.

Also hope you have the right week this time Johnny! :lol:

Hope we wont be calling out the Search and Rescue team :lol: :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tilly » Sat May 02, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi guys i hope for those of you who have already finished your leg of the KWR you are all fine and not too exhausted, i take my hat off to you all well done.
I am sitting patiently and eagerly waiting to see how all our Jog Scot buddies have got on today. The weather is quite warm so i hope no one ends up ill and has plenty water with them. Good luck everybody cant wait to read the race report and hear all your stories.
Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:24 pm

all im going to say about your arrows is :D jd - thank you for giving up your time as a marshall and all the other marshalls today you were all stars - but there can only be one absolute star that shines out from all the rest of them - drum roll please -

francis arthur the hero of the day :D :oops: :D well done francis :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat May 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Amazing performance, from an amazing wummin. Well done Francis. Next time take yur compass :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun May 03, 2009 11:37 am

Ninja Mania wrote:Amazing performance, from an amazing wummin. Well done Francis. Next time take yur compass :lol:

Only good Ninja if you can read one ...as i canna :oops: :wink:

And WELL DONE Frances ...just think you almost completed your first marathon. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Sun May 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Runner and walkers in the Carradale area.

We had two teams of three lady walkers from Taynuilt and Glasgow walking north from Torrisdale to Tayinloan.
There is photos of George Reid running solo from Tarbert to Campbeltown assisted by his wife. Well done George.
The relay team from Tayinloan to Carradale was Alan Tait,Philip Coupar,Donald Campbell and Campbeltowns Fiona Irwin.
Sorry to miss Alan at the checkpoint and no photo,he was to fast for me :) .

Fiona Irwin
George Reid
Glasgow walkers Eileen Hamill,Elizabeth Crawford,Margaret Mair.
jdcarra and Glasgow posse.
Donald Campbell
Mrs Reid
Peter Paterson and Darren Muller getting ready for the Carradale/Saddell section.
Philip Coupar
Taynuilt walkers Gail McGregor,Libby Dodson,Edwina Aitken.
Tearoom checkpoint with Shelagh,Josie and walkers.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Sun May 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Great photos jdcarra, everyone looked as though they were enjoying the day :)

Well done to everyone that took part yesterday and in particular Francis, sounds like you had an amazing run :D
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sport » Sun May 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Well done to everyone involved yesterday and great photos JD.

Does anyone have the results?
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby caro » Sun May 03, 2009 2:12 pm

What am amazing day yesterday! Well done to everyone who completed the KWR - a massive achievement and completely inspiring. I have to say I got a tad emotional seeing the fab Jog Scotland crew arriving home with the very courageous and spirited Frances completing the final leg - it was just lovely seeing you all head for home together. :D
I also had the pleasure of marshalling the finish when Joanne Clark of Motherwell AC strode home in their final leg for their superb record finishing time - and she looked fresh as a daisy!
Well done to all participants and organisers - a great day and fun night at the ceilidh, even though fiona28 and I forgot it was BYOB! :oops: Never mind - we had a nice cup of tea and a bop with the weans!
Sport - there is a definite list of run times compiled so am sure someone accessing the forum will get them to you.
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby tilly » Sun May 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi there i'd also like to say well done to everyone who took part in the KWR, really inspiring maybe just maybe one day i would have the get up and go to take part in this event like all of you who completed this. Like Caro has said it was nice to see you all home safe and sound. I hope you are all feeling ok today.
Francis what can i say except well done now you have nearly completed a marathon and by accident maybe we will be cheering for you if you go on to a marathon rather than a half. Just shows all your hard training got you home safe and sound. must admit when i heard you were feeling unwell i was concerned you would do yourself some damage but shear determination brought you running all the way home and continuing to get your 20miles on your watch.
Really proud of the JS group well done again don't know how you all manage but you's do.
Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fja » Sun May 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Yes, well; I've always thought there is a fine line between idiocy and having true grit. Thanks to all for your support especially NM (and I did have a compass btw) for pacing me the last few miles. Fell asleep in bath after glass of red wine (very restorative) but missed ceilidh which I hope you all enjoyed.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby kmc » Sun May 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Kenny
kmc
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DJD » Sun May 03, 2009 9:27 pm

A great big thankyou to all that was involved in the KWR,ie the tea ladies ,Marshalls and anyone else that gave their time up,you made the 2009 race the best so far in its little history.

Jog Scotland you all went into unchartered waters for the very first time and l thought you were all just brilliant,what a gutsy effort,and no doubt you will inspire people for next year.

Great photo's JD and kmc.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun May 03, 2009 9:43 pm

Great pictures of a fine event.
Kintyre surely is the running capital of Scotland now.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run