Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Postby fiona28 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:46 pm

THE 10K ROUTE HAS ALSO CHANGE PEENKLES, CHEERS FOR THAT. I GOT AN E-MAIL TODAY ALERTING ME TO THE FACT, BUT TO BE TRUTHFUL NAMES OF ALL THOSE GLASGOW STREETS DONT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME, IM JUST KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED THERE'S NOT TOO MANY HILLS IN IT NOW.

I DONT THINK WE GET TO CROSS THE BRIDGE NOW, WHICH IS A BIT OF A SHAME, IT WAS A GREAT FEELING LAST YEAR CROSSING IT :D

NEVER MIND WE'LL HAVE A GREAT DAY ANYWAY :D :wink: :lol:

Here we go, here we go, here we go.... girls just wanna have fun xx
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:55 pm

7321 is my number!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Katfer » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:54 pm

I think the route is relatively flat Fiona, but it is a shame if we aren't to go over the bridge.

My number is 580.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ileach B » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Copy and pasted the new routes, a bit squinty as it didn't like the pasting bit. Think we do still go over the bridge.

START
George Square South
St Vincent Place
St Vincent Street
Finnieston Street
Stobcross Street
Kingston Bridge
West Street
Scotland Street
Shields Road (North)
St Andrew’s Drive
Albert Drive
Matilda Road
Maxwell Drive
Maxwell Road
Pollokshaws Road
Eglinton Street
Turriff Street
Pollokshaws Road
Gorbals Street
Victoria Bridge
Clyde Street
Over Saltmarket
Glasgow Green
FINISH
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 pm

wll done ileach obviously me skim reading it wrong as usual :D :?

i forgot to mention : another thought we had at the meeting was to wear the white t-shirts you get in your race pack on the way home :D :wink: then we'll not be missed :lol:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tilly » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi girls i just want to wish all of you taking part in the fresh'n'lo all the best will be thinking of you all and praying that the weather is kind to you not too hot sprinkling of rain just to cool you's down and no wind. Although i can't be their i will leave a surprise with Fiona. Hope you's will like it and treat it well.

Have a great time Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:45 am

tilly wrote:Hi girls i just want to wish all of you taking part in the fresh'n'lo all the best will be thinking of you all and praying that the weather is kind to you not too hot sprinkling of rain just to cool you's down and no wind. Although i can't be their i will leave a surprise with Fiona. Hope you's will like it and treat it well.

Have a great time Tilly :D

Thanks Tilly for the kind words...we will miss you company . Cant wait for the surprise ...now you have me in suspense. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:08 pm

I CANT WAIT TILLY, PATIENCE IS NOT ONE OF MY MANY VIRTUES :wink:

FOLK HAVE BEEN ASKING ABOUT COSTS, THE HOTEL ROOMS ARE £65 PER NIGHT SO THAT MAKES IT £32.50 EACH. WE ARE GOING TO TAKE £5 PER PERSON FOR THE BUS, SO THAT MAKES IT A PRETTY CHEAP WEEKEND.

MEAL IS VIVA IS £16 FOR 2 COURSES OR £20 FOR THREE :D :D AND AS WE'RE NO DRINKING THAT'LL BE ALL THE EXPENSES WE'LL HAVE :wink: :lol: THE PORTIONS IN VIVA ARE VERY ADEQUATE :D

SO TURN UP SHARP AT 10:00 AT THE BUS STOP BESIDE AQUALIBRIUM :D :D

here we go, here we go, here we go.......we really do just wanna have fun :wink:

WHO'S TAKING THE CLUB CAMERA :?:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:18 pm

I have got no names at all for booking the curry girls - are you all being sensible and heading straight home - NAE DRINK ON SUNDAY TOO :?: :?: :?: :?: I think not :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Carmen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:41 pm

Just to wish you all good luck on Sunday and have a great time.
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:20 pm

:lol: im going straight hame ags, my body is a temple which i will not desecrate :lol: .....

.....a wee snakebite and a dirty big indian'll do me fine, a girl cant be good all the time :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fja » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Pans Lass, can you confirm that it's the Viva restaurant in Bothwell Street? Thanks. See you all there. Folk who are coming back with me may want to leave their stuff in Matthew's flat before the half marathon (its about 6 or 7 minutes away from George Square, in Buccleuch St). We can get a shower at his flat after.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby april fool » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:50 am

Anyone fancy a nice pre race night out in Glasgow that doesn't use up too much energy? A friend has been left with some tickets available for EVITA at the KINGS on Saturday Night.

For full details contact 07921 826 672
april fool
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:11 pm

fja wrote:Pans Lass, can you confirm that it's the Viva restaurant in Bothwell Street? Thanks. See you all there. Folk who are coming back with me may want to leave their stuff in Matthew's flat before the half marathon (its about 6 or 7 minutes away from George Square, in Buccleuch St). We can get a shower at his flat after.

Correct fja ...meet you there at 7pm or is it 7.30 pm cant remember now :oops: Joan booked it but will text you with time .

Thnaks for your offer for the half marathons runners I am sure they will aprreciate that. :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:16 pm

april fool wrote:Anyone fancy a nice pre race night out in Glasgow that doesn't use up too much energy? A friend has been left with some tickets available for EVITA at the KINGS on Saturday Night.

For full details contact 07921 826 672

April fool ...thanks for the kind offer but I will have to decline the invite for me personally as I like to get to bed early the night before a race even though i dont normally sleep . LAst year I was in bed by 9pm and fiona28 and crew thought I had sneaked oot to a Glasga nite club as I was so tired in the morning . :wink:

Okay girls here we go here we goooooo.....count down on to BIG RACE day .....3 more sleeps :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run