Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm

With only 5 weeks to go this Sunday we need to confirm what members from Jog Scotland are attending this event with the group . Please can you give you name to Ags by mid August so she can confirm the travel inn rooms . The cost is approx £30 each based on two people sharing. For others who are making their own arrangements but wish to join us for the meal on the Saturday night please can you give your name to Ags or Joan B . Thanks girls.

Hope the training is going well. :wink:

Here we go.... here we go ....its hard to believe it's been a year already since fiona28 took to the wheel and drove us to Glasgow in the BIG YELLA bus ....what a brilliant time was had by all and it earned us a well deserved space in the Jog Scotland magazine ... :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Postby caro » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:51 am

Fun memories Pans... :D Hope you are going to be lead journalist again!!!! This was the first event I went to 'with the JS group and I'm so glad I did because I'm still 'running' and I gained a great group of friends......I mean, now I'm on the Social Committee and everything!!!! :D :oops: :D :oops:
The route itself as I remember wasn't TOO bad unless time has made it easier to forget the hard bits - one or two hills but mainly flat. So, c'mon - lets get a group together to represent the Wee Toon Runners and let us know if you can make it.

Am away to find my felt-tips for the poster...... :D :D
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:03 pm

caro wrote:Fun memories Pans... :D Hope you are going to be lead journalist again!!!! This was the first event I went to 'with the JS group and I'm so glad I did because I'm still 'running' and I gained a great group of friends......I mean, now I'm on the Social Committee and everything!!!! :D :oops: :D :oops:
The route itself as I remember wasn't TOO bad unless time has made it easier to forget the hard bits - one or two hills but mainly flat. So, c'mon - lets get a group together to represent the Wee Toon Runners and let us know if you can make it.

Am away to find my felt-tips for the poster...... :D :D

Well said Caro ..yes it was a brilliant weekend away . I can still laugh about it when someone mentions it. :lol: :lol:

Looks like its going to be another good trip.....think we have 12 committed so far . :D :D So if you have not got your name to Ags please do it now. Thanks

Will leave you in charge of the posters again this year ..... :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Maybe you could PM me the names Pans Lass as I don't have 12 on my list :?
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Ags wrote:Maybe you could PM me the names Pans Lass as I don't have 12 on my list :?

Just PM'd you Ags with list of names...looks like we have 16 + names heading for Glasgow with Jog Scotland. Its going to be a fun weekend girls. :wink: :wink:

Will ask Lady J to book that nice Italian restaurant for us all on the Saturday night. Noo remember nae, nilch,nane 'drink' lassies but you can get a carry oot for the way hame. :lol: :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 pm

brilliant lassies, pans telling me the night we got about 24 coming to the meal on sat night :D :D all teetotallers of course, us JSC girls wouldnt have it any other way. :wink: :wink:

bus booked with sports council, pans lass you defo need to be in charge of the diary, caro brilliant at the posters, any volunteers for driver?? or will edie mccreedie take to the wheel blasting her tunes again :D :wink:

i cant believe its a year since our very first jaunt 2gether, i think it was the cement in the JSC bricks and made us all a solid unit, last year 16 this year 24 - defo a photo opportunity for stride.
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:44 am

Lookin forward to the Glasgow weekend with JSC crew. I don't mind sharing the driving Fiona, as along as I don't need to sit a bus driving test!!
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ileach B » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Looking forward to the run, but as you guys know I'm going up with my mum. But will still be wearing my Wee Toon Runners T! Training is slow at the mo as been off on holiday, but trying to get out as much as possible from now on!!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ileach B » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Got my pack in today! Thought it was an Ebay parcel, so was a surprise!!

Starting to feel a bit more real now. Headed to the gym this morning as the weather was so bad! Needing to get the miles done this week it is closing in!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:25 pm

THATS LADY J BOOKED THE MEAL FOR 7PM - LOADS O CARBS AND ZILCH, NANE, ZERO - JUST NAE WINE AT ALL..... :D :wink: :D

THE BUS IS FULL AND READY TO GO.....

ARE WE ALL TRAINING HARD :lol:

WE LIKE THE JAUNT ANYWAY :wink:

LIKE YOU ILEACH B I WENT TO THE GYM 2DAY, WAS SO VERY HOT IN THERE :oops: :oops: DID SOME INTERVALS :oops: :oops:

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN....

ARE YOU GOING THIS YEAR SID??
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Roasting in the gym today, not been in ages! enjoyed it but I think I prefer the fresh air!! Plus forgot my earphones, so it was lip reading the Olympics for me! Which I have to add I'm really enjoying watching!

No wine for me before hand, think when I leave for Glasgow I would stil be drunk if that was the case! Early doors for me! :lol:
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:07 pm

HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO...

WE WILL BE LEAVING FROM AQUALIBRIUM AT 10;00AM SHARP ON THE SATURDAY.

YOUR DRIVERS ON THE WAY UP WILL BE TRUDY AND/OR MOIRA AND ON THE WAY HOME KATFER AND/OR FIONA. CAN THESE LADIES GET COPIES OF THEIR DRIVING LICENSES TO MALINA AT PEUGEOT GARAGE ASAP. CHEERS

IF YOUR NAME ISNT ON THE LIST BELOW TO TRAVEL ON THE BUS AND YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE CAN YOU PM ME.

TRUDY
MOIRA
KATFER
FIONA I
CAROLINE
GAIL
CLAIRE MCP
NOREEN
CLAIRE R
MARGARET
FIONA R
MARJORY
MGT ANNE
MARI
TRACY
HEATHER

ON THE WAY HOME JOINING US IN THE BUS WILL BE LINDSAY AND JOAN WHICH GIVES US TOO MANY!!!!!

FJA IS DOING THE HALF MARATHON AND IS TRAVELLING BY CAR AND HAS KINDLY OFFERED A LIFT HOME TO ANYONE WHO IS NEEDFUL SO WE THOUGHT THE FAIREST WAY TO SPLIT IT WAS TO HAVE ALL THE HALF MARATHONERS TRAVEL HOME WITH FJA IN HER CAR. THIS WAY THE BUS CAN GET LEFT SHARPISH AFTER SHOWERS ETC.

SO IF CLAIRE R, MARGARET AND TRUDY HAVE NO OBJECTIONS THIS WILL BE HOW WE GET HOME.

WE ARE HOPING TO BE LEFT BY 12 MIDDAY AND WHEN WE GET HOME ALL ARE WELCOME TO GO FOR AN INDIAN MEAL AND SOME LIQUID TO PREVENT DEHYDRATION, IF YOU WANT TO DO THIS CAN YOU PM AGS AND SHE WILL MAKE THE BOOKING, POOR AGS ISNT EVEN COMING SO THANKS TO AGS FOR ALL HER HELP - SHE HAS BOOKED THE ROOMS TOO!!!!

ANY PROBS GIVE ME A PM AND PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ANYONE WHO DOESNT READ THE FORUM...
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Good post Fiona28 ...that about sums everything up for Glasgow.

Italian restaurant booked for 7pm on Saturday night.....stones throw walk from hotel so we can jog there and back. . Menu sounds delicious ...sorry but we asked them to hide the wine list ...... :lol: Sorry :lol:

Here we go here we go......Girls just wanna have fun.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Thnaks Megan for linking us up on your website...watch out for the next episode from the Campbeltown Jog Scotland runners . :lol:

Well here is my GSR number 941

Lets get them rolling girls ........
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby peenkles21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Changes have been made to the route for the half marathon. Info availible here:

http://www.serviceyourclients.com/gsr/27Aug1.html
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run