Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Postby Katfer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:55 am

Had a fantastic weekend - Pans Lass will sum up everything in her "Race Report" soon I'm sure. Think everyone enjoyed the run even although Fiona's garmin told us we actually ran 6.5 miles :oops: :oops: . Well done to Heather on her first 10k and who was ably accompanied by Moira, only to keep Heather from veering off the shops!!
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ileach B » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:06 am

Was a long day for me starting at 4.15am! Done ok round route, certainly not as fast as I would like as loaded with the cold. And not getting enough miles in training. The atmosphere was great, and the encouragement from others!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jdcarra » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:37 am

Yesterday could not have been a better day for the marathon runners in Glasgow, myself and wife being up shopping for some bits and pieces and had the opportunity to watch and photo the start of both marathons.The weather was perfect and as some of your runners have said a fantastic weekend.I was on the lookout for some of the Wee Toon Runners and I managed to get two in the half marathon (names ?) as you will see in the pics, could not see any other faces I know (Pans).Another runner in the half marathon and an annual holidaymaker to Carradale, Lynn Goldie running on behalf of the Firefighters Charity. It was great to see all ages doing this event, some being pushed in wheelchairs, the disabled, one on clutches and all who dressed up supporting there cause. Did not get to the finish line as had to go and visit the family, hoping to see some others pics.I took loads of pics, some a bit blurry (speed of them runners) and can pass copies on to the group.

First Marathon 10K started at 9.30am.

Half Marathon stared at 10.30am

Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:40 pm

tilly wrote:well done Katie for i think Fiona said around the 45 mins god u must have been flying.
:D

Thanks Tilly, my nike plus said 45mins 58 secs but my real time was 46 ins 13 secs, so still chuffed with that.

Well done all half marathon runners, jen martin your time was brillant.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby peenkles21 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:57 pm

For my first half i have to say that i really enjoyed it, conditions were excellent for running in and i found the course on the whole enjoyable. I dont know what the hill at the start was all about though??? Still, better there than at the end!

All the self doubt i felt in the morning before the race vanished somewhere over the kingston bridge which i thought was the highlight of the race. Good to see a large crowd turn out at the end on glasgow green aswell, their support was definately needed in that last mile! I think ill be back next year..........
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Great photos JD ...the only one I recognise is Trudy (black cap on) in the half marathon race. Most of us were all spread out into different sections but Fiona28,Trudy , Katfer and myself all started in the white section at the start with all the elite runners . :wink: You must have missed us flying past you..... :lol:

Everyone had a brilliant weekend....great team support and effort from every one of us . Can happily say everyone enjoyed the race itself and got out of it what they wanted . It was an emotional start for some of us . Well done Wee Toon Runners we did ourselves proud.

Congratrulations to all who achieved a PB and to Heather on completing her first 10k . Also to Jennifer M and Peenkles for completing your first half...its such a great feeling. Well done !!

The 'real' race report to follow with pics. I have to proof read and edit the offical Jog Scotland diary before I can post. :oops:

On a personal note I did not do my best time however I was not disappointed as I knew in myself I was not up to par so I took the time to enjoy the race(for a change ) and soak up the atmosphere on the way round ...running over the KIngston Bridge in itself is such a brilliant feeling .... we had perfect weather conditions too !! My highlight of the day was hearing from ALL the girls that it was a great day for them . WELL DONE !
Last edited by Pans Lass on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:43 pm

Oh and a special thanks to you Tilly for the lovely surprise. :D

YOU made our day with Tilly Jnr.......the race diary will tell everyone who Tilly Jnr is and we have a lovley photo of her to show you too !! Got to keep a close eye on her when we are out as she jumped into the arms of a passing cyclist . :wink: :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:33 am

The individual photo's are on marathon-photos.com!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:03 pm

Ileach B wrote:The individual photo's are on marathon-photos.com!

Brilliant photos girls ...just punch in your number or surname and they will all come up. Some really good close up ones of some of you . :wink:

Heather must have won it for the most photographed , they are great. Memories to hold onto ..... 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:25 pm

Oh god my photos are awful! But funny ;-) Race was a great day, best yet!

love the photos jd - did you see Calum Morrison out in front in the yellow vest - our 10k winner at mokrun. He came 6th overall in the race - great time.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:17 pm

Yes the GSR photo website was great Elaine....nice to see everyone enjoying the race. Some great facial expressions from some of us. :lol:

Sorry folks but I have not posted the race report yet as I am waiting on Marjory to email me the photos of the weekend. Once I get them I will post the race report.

Watch this space... :roll:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run