JOGSCOTLAND RELAY - FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL HOSPICE

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

JOGSCOTLAND RELAY - FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL HOSPICE

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Hey all you Jogscotlanders out there, the Jogleaders had a lovely afternoon at M'hanish Golf Club yesterday cooking up some ideas for a wee fundraiser.

We are going to run - in relay from the Red Cross Hall to Southend and back on Sunday 15 June - yes its only 2 weeks away but we did much organising in the sunshine and kept ourselves well hydrated :D

The route is just over 22 miles and we will be splitting it into chunks to suit ability so that all members can run a piece of it if they wish. This will not be a race - it will be about each section running together and enjoying the day. Still got a few things to confirm but keep this date clear. kick off will be 10am ish :D

could anyone wanting to run a section post on here - we are asking all runners to get 5 sponsors each, sheets can be got at Jogscotland on Monday or Thursday nights or in the Social Work Office (Noreens work) from Tuesday on. The club has excess money in the kitty from all the £10 fees paid and this will also be donated to this very worthwhile cause.

SO COME ON ALL YOU JOGSCOTLANDERS LETS SIGN UP FOR SOME FUN AND MAKE SOME MONEY:D :D :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: JOGSCOTLAND RELAY - FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL HOSPICE

Postby Katfer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:08 pm

Count me in Fiona. :D :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby tilly » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Katfer great to see your name already added to the list i'm sure there will be lots of takers for this event since it is such a well deserving cause.
Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Another 3 names to add to the list - Carmen, Val and Margaret joining us :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:20 pm

Count me in! 8)
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:13 pm

fiona28 wrote:Hey all you Jogscotlanders out there, the Jogleaders had a lovely afternoon at M'hanish Golf Club yesterday cooking up some ideas for a wee fundraiser.

We are going to run - in relay from the Red Cross Hall to Southend and back on Sunday 15 June - yes its only 2 weeks away but we did much organising in the sunshine and kept ourselves well hydrated :D

:D :D

Sorry i missed the meeting guys but from what I hear it was a productive day with plenty of fluids to dehydrate you .!! :lol: :lol: Ags ...i just glad I was not there as I may not have managed over the wall hame. :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to this great event and to raise money for such a worthy cause. Well done girls for getting this organised. Count me in for anything ..... :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:09 pm

I had a wee touch of a sore head on Sunday - must have been too much sunshine :lol: :lol: . Noreen has sponsor forms at her office, Pans Lass has some at the dental surgery and I will have them at school mon/wed and oystercatcher thurs/fri! Great to see a few names on the list so soon :)
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby fiona28 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:40 pm

could folk post how far they would like to run - a rough estimate would do???

cheers :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sid Gallagher » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:38 pm

What are the arrangements F28? What is the kick off time. We have a visitor who plans leaving on sunday so I may be able to join in. I don't mind what distance i do.
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ileach B » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:40 pm

I'll do 3 or 4 miles.
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:10 pm

We are at the minute drafting a newsletter which has all the details on it of our relay and our summer schedules etc.

We thought we'd do this instead of putting out minutes of our meeting.

Basically hoping to kick off at 10am for the first runners. So once we have all the names in will plan folk into the relay as times and distances suit. I think we might be looking at about 5 teams of 6 runners.

24 miles would roughly give a 6mile, 5mile, 4mile, 3mile, 2 x 2mile, 2 x 1 mile - with distances to suit all abilities.

These distances are open for discussion dependant on what the runners want to do. We are giving folk till next Thurs to let us know for defo and on Thurs nite we will work out all the teams, distances etc. I'll post this on the forum for all to see.

I must stress this is not a race and we are hoping that for eg the 3miles runners all run together, they then tag the 4 mile runners who run together etc etc so that no-one is running on their own on the day, so the slowest runner in the pack dictates the pace .

Full details will follow with the newsletter that Ags is kindly printing up for us.
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tilly » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi great to see names coming forward. i think this will be a great day. not sure if i said at the meeting but i would be happy to do 3 or 4 miles whatever needed.

Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Katfer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:28 pm

This sounds like it's going to be a really good run, especially if we're running together. I don't mind what distance, am happy to do 5 or 6 miles if needed, just slot me in where you think best.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:28 pm

thats great folks, lets get the money coming in too :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Katfer wrote:This sounds like it's going to be a really good run, especially if we're running together. I don't mind what distance, am happy to do 5 or 6 miles if needed, just slot me in where you think best.

Me too. Happy to do whatever needed. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run