Today's MOKRUN 2008

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Today's MOKRUN 2008

Postby Bradford » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:55 am

Thanks very much for these photographs.
Bradford
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Rabmacd » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Fiona28,

don't feel guilty at all--feel happy!

I posted about an hour and a half after I finished and wasn't feeling too good about (me as well), my worst ever time for a half. I've now thought about the whole circumstances surrounding preparation, conditions on the day etc and I am really happy that I did it. Like you Fiona, come the Moss Road, I had decided just to get to the finish--if it meant walking, even crawling!! I was going to do it. You seem to have enjoyed the run back a wee bit more than me. I pulled out my ear phones, as songs that are my favourites really started to annoy me.

I agree with your comments regarding the runners overtaking. Everyone gave a bit of encouragement and in particular the local ones seemed genuinely concerned and checked that I was OK
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:13 am

Mary G wrote:I noticed that there was 57% female entries, to 43% male. And although the male ratio was higher in the half marathon, there will still lots of women in that event ... I reckon more than in other years. And a healthy proportion of them were local too. This is a great example to other communities, and deserves so much recognition.

By they way, there are some ratings trickling onto the Runners' World site. I guess the committee are looking for more ... there were 43 votes cast for last year's event, and with more runners I would expect around 50 votes this year.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/ratingsall.asp?en=40607&year=2008&ugn=5408&sp=&v=2

C'mon folks.....still 11 less reviews than last year and 18 short of getting in to the British as opposed to just Scottish category...currently Scotland's top race....lets make it UK wide.....sign up to Runners World and tell them all about it!!

Not even any need to embelish or exaggerate!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:08 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:C'mon folks.....still 11 less reviews than last year and 18 short of getting in to the British as opposed to just Scottish category...currently Scotland's top race....lets make it UK wide.....sign up to Runners World and tell them all about it!!

Not even any need to embelish or exaggerate!
[/quote]

Come on all you Jog Scotlanders who haven't posted yet .....lets make it BIG . Sign up today and post your review.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:55 pm

What a lovely surprise and least expected , it was when I opened my mail today and found the MOK committee had went out their way and secured me, and I am sure many others , a MOK 2008 t-shirt in the correct size recorded.. :wink: Now that is first class service and committment to all us runners....A HUGE THANK YOU :D

Look forward to MOK 2009. :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:40 pm

I got a parcel "through the post" as well, Pans Lass. It was a real surprise. Thank you to the MOKRUN Committee for the correctly sized T. I can't think of how you knew that I got a wrong one, on the day. I'd have a guess at when I was speaking to Hendrie at the MOKRUN dance??????? If it wasn't that, those chips that you wear on your ankle must be really clever :?
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Yes thankyou,Rabmac and Pans Lass always sum up things well so l agree with them fully.Just like to add l have a large shirt,unused its till has the tag on,so if anyone wants it just pm me and its yours.

Thanks again MoK.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:21 pm

Great stuff I'm glad everyone got them in the end! We will have a new system next year to hopefully have everyone the right tshirt they ordered on the day. E
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 pm

I would just like to add my thanks to the Mok Committee for the correctly sized t-shirt that I received today. I was totally thrilled when I opened the parcel .... what a lovely surprise :D
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:56 pm

wee me too :D correct t received - gr8 order :D

mind u i thot i suited that x tra large as a frock :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby linda » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:54 am

Glad to hear everybody is pleased with the correct size t-shirts. What i am looking for is a disc with some photos taken after the run with people wearing the t-shirts, this is to send down to Adidas as part of the sponsorship deal that i managed to get. I sent down an embriodired t-shirt and they were very impressed with this. If anybody could help out at all could they please hand it in to the sports shop and hopefullly this might get the ball rolling for another deal next year (can only pray) :)
linda
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run