running music

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

running music

Postby fiona28 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:17 pm

what inspires you all to keep going or go that wee bit faster :D

i think im still a young thing and like all the club anthems and Flip n Fill and cascadia are great favourites of mine :wink:

i know that sometimes its getting to mile 12 and i wish i hadnt got it on but i havent the spare energy to switch if off so i just put up with it :roll:

do you toss around 101 thoughts instead and clear the head to go back smiling to the family :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:24 am

I usually have my ipod on, and it's mainly dance or cheesy pop tunes that I sing along to!

But recently I've been out without my ipod as I've left it in the car and it's died, and it's quite nice running in the peace and quiet!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sid Gallagher » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:39 pm

I was surprised how motivating the music was at dublin so I may break the habits of a lifetime and start using music to run to. I'll have to learn the technology first tho. :?
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: running music

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:08 pm

fiona28 wrote:
i think im still a young thing and like all the club anthems and Flip n Fill and cascadia are great favourites of mine :wink:

you toss around 101 thoughts instead and clear the head to go back smiling to the family :wink:

We are still young things fiona28 ....what you on aboot we are only in oor 40's . :wink: :lol: i have some great motivational tunes on my ipod shuffle but sometimes I just like the peace and quiet to clear the head before I get home again . :wink:

If you go onto i tunes and put in a search for motivational running songs it comes up with a whole variety of different songs you can download onto your i pod.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:01 pm

thats a gr8 idea pans lass, do you think you'd manage that sid, if u have a mp3 i could load it for you to try :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sid Gallagher » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:03 pm

Nothing to load it onto at the moment and no immediate plans to change that but maybe in the future. In the meanwhile I'll just hum (to myself of course. :wink:
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 pm

hum and look at your new shoes 8)
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sid Gallagher » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Thanks for the kind offer all the same. :D
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ileach B » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:22 pm

I have an mp3 player that is free to a good home. Nothing fancy. Not just to you Sid, but anyone that is maybe looking for one!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:30 pm

What's your favourite running song? Mine has to be Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse. Includes the lines:

don't,
let yourself down
don't let yourself go
your last chance has arrived

best,
you've got to be the best
you've got to change the world
and you use this chance to be heard
your time is now

I've actually seen my heart rate go from 140bpm to 160bpm when listening to this. Also have to confess to running across Westport beach once with my eyes shut listening to the first 1min and 23 secs of the song :oops: :? Not that clever but a memorable feeling nevertheless :roll: :lol:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm

I love my old Oasis cd that I put on my Ipod, I know every word! And probaly look pretty mad singing along myself! :oops:
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sid Gallagher » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:41 pm

Great image sheik. I hope the surface was even. :)

EB i'd love to get the MP3 and for Fiona28 to supply the sounds. Heaven. :D
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DJD » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:02 am

Good stuff from you lot,now l am going to spoil the sequence here,l just toss around the 101 thoughts of great times l have had,things l have done and would like to have done,good memories,sad memories the list is endless and it all adds up to motivate along the way.

As the song goes "Music is my first love"
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:22 am

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:. Also have to confess to running across Westport beach once with my eyes shut listening to the first 1min and 23 secs of the song :oops: :? Not that clever but a memorable feeling nevertheless :roll: :lol:

Do that quite often myself Sheik when running along Machrihanish beach ...its a great feeling til your feet get wet. :oops: Sometimes I loose my sense of direction when I carried away. . :oops: :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Sid, got the mp3. even has some songs on it. maybe not your style but easily deleted off when plugged into the computer.

Think it is just a case of putting a cd in or downloading music from where ever and sending it to the mp3 player. When I plug it in to my computer, it gives a choice of different programme it can be opend with. Unfortunately I don't have the instructions and had a panic that I never had the USB for it. But found the usb and put a new battery in and works!

I'll give it to Fiona at JS tonight as she will see you at some point. Any doubt just give me a shout.
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run