Caffeine intake

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Postby Hels » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:11 pm

I agree with Rabmacd - one of my college flat-mates had been a competitive swimmer and was still playing waterpolo for Scotland when I lived with her. The night before a big match she would put open bottles of coke in the fridge, as the caffine and sugar-rush was a big help, but the gas wasn't! She also used to swear by eating a raw jelly straight from the packet right before going in the water for a pretty instant energy rush (think this was more for the swimming comps than polo) I don't think there is one rule fits all, but an interesting discussion!
Hels
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:22 am

went out on sat morning with a coffee bout 30 mins b4 and had to run to the longrow toilets after 7 miles, so for me the rule seems to be a couple of hours b4 or not at all :wink:

we are all different :wink: :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Caffeine intake

Postby fja » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:06 pm

I've stopped eating in the morning before I run, but I do knock back a small cup of very strong coffee with an immodium tablet, which sorts the trot problem. And to go with caffeine fix I run with a packet of what used to be called sweet ciggies, sadly they are now 'superhero candy sticks'. One of these ( they are loaded with sugar and chemicals) after the the fifth and each subsequent mile is a great incentive; and they last longer than jelly babies and jelly beans. :roll:
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Caffeine intake

Postby fja » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:07 pm

I've stopped eating in the morning before I run, but I do knock back a small cup of very strong coffee with an immodium tablet, which sorts the trot problem. And to go with caffeine fix I run with a packet of what used to be called sweet ciggies, sadly they are now 'superhero candy sticks'. One of these ( they are loaded with sugar and chemicals) after the the fifth and each subsequent mile is a great incentive; and they last longer than jelly babies and jelly beans. :roll:
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ileach B » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:54 pm

I drink that much coffee normally it doesn't make any difference to me!

Lucozade sweeties are pretty good. May try the jelly cube! :lol:
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run