Favourite Routes

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Favourite Routes

Postby jackiefulton » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Killipool Loch route was a winner - though walked! and started at the forestry gate!

once back into serious half marathon training and the ground a bit drier - will be back on this route and running, though getting to the mast from the village will be challenging.

Thanks Ninja for your directions - which we of course forgot, staying on the path until timeously re routed by John Armour!
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 am

Yes I heard you were up and round that way, should have mentioned to look out for, and go threw the treble set of gates on your left going down that wee road, this would have kept you on higher and drier ground.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:20 pm

DJD wrote:How about putting it on mymap, to add the number of growing running route's that other people have mapped on the site,(if its possible)as mymap only caters for roads and big tracks.

DJD - is the site http://www.mapmyrun.co.uk ?

If so it is excellent.

I searched for runs in Campbeltown and found the following - click here
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby the ice maiden » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:41 pm

I suppose your favourite route is from Low Askimol to the Comm DP :wink:
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ileach B » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:48 pm

mapmyrun is a really good site scd, specially if your unsure of how much you want to do, but a route you like. I usually use it after I've been out, Nice suprise if you've done more than you expect!!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 am

Ileach B wrote:mapmyrun is a really good site scd, specially if your unsure of how much you want to do, but a route you like. I usually use it after I've been out, Nice suprise if you've done more than you expect!!

Yes - it is interesting to see some of the routes. None under 2 miles mind you! :shock: :mrgreen:

Also allows you to embed the maps on websites so added it to the MOKRUN site for the 10k - http://www.mokrun.com/10k/index.htm

the ice maiden wrote:I suppose your favourite route is from Low Askimol to the Comm DP :wink:

Aye, think I will register www.mapmypub.co.uk :D It's a bit of a bugger now as the hoose to the Comm is 5 minutes more there and 5 more on the way back than it was to the Davaar - but it's 2 pints less and a longer walk so must be good for me. :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Its the one SCD,yes its good to use if you run the routes,even just for a recap on what you have run.l have a fair few runs on the page of my runs that l use,but for some reason l can't transfer them across to the main site.

If all Campbeltown runners add one that is not featured,(no matter what the distance),then we all should all have the benifit of a good selection to pick off over the comming months,years.

Weetoonplodder has put one down ages ago which l will run quite soon or over the comming months
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Posted this to mymap DJD, hope it worked k.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-king ... 2930272122
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Its worked okay and it looks a cracking 7 miler form the Hybrid view,l really look forward to having a bash at this one Ninja, it looks like a good tester for any runner.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:31 pm

Ninja,you run comes under the location of Machrihanish,you can either leave it on its own page or l think if you add Campbeltown to the heading then it might transfer across.(like l said "i think".
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby John A » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Interesting to see your route Ninja and good to see you the other day Jackie glad you both enjoy the run.

Ive posted a wee diversion below mainly as it means you wont have to climb any fences if you go this way but also in the summer time one of the fields on Ninja's route will have crops in it and the fermer might not be too happy if folk were running through it :evil: :twisted: :wink: Also if it is during drier weather you may wish to carry on down the track and pass through the farm on the road down to Drumlemble. I look forward to meeting anyone on the route.

http://www.mapmyrun.co.uk/view_my_run_78205
Last edited by John A on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Changed the heading DJD, its now in the Campbeltown link.

Funny enough John A I was talking to the farmer during the week and he mentioned the alternative route to the one we take, but I could not get it into my head, now I can see it,I know what he means. Thanks for that.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run