Pressies

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Pressies

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:14 pm

OK--what did all you runners get for Christmas that will help you to slash your PBs, in 2008?. I got an Ipod shuffle that should help make the wet and windy training nights more bearable, though it sure don't look water or sweat proof.

:shock:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Got a book about the Munro's,so maybe with this leg it won't be a PB for 2008 it might be more like the ups and downs of 2008 with the addage of you can't stop the march of time,so there.

Nice ipod Rabmacd.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:12 pm

I got some new CD's to burn onto my Ipod shuffle to motivate me on my long runs . Its a good training aid.
As a point of interest Rabmacd ...the ipod shuffle is not waterproof as i found out after my run at Ormsary. I forgot to keep it covered and the rain ruined mine . :oops: Lucky I got a new one for my birthday a few weeks ago.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sid Gallagher » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:26 am

I got new walking boots :D I am ashamed to say I chose them myself about 1 month ago in Glasgow. I spent about 2 hours in Tiso's while the rest of the family had explored the shops. I am looking forward to a trip to the Lake district this weekend to give them their first airing. No running gear tho. I bought my daughter some one line and they seem to have messed the order up. I'll be parceling things up for return tomorrow.
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Jock Strap » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:47 am

I got four tins of slimfast! :oops: :oops: :oops: Think Mrs Strap is trying to tell me something! :shock:

Never mind, I got the running shoes so now to get out.

You never know - perhaps one day I will be able to join you lot but for now it is out on my lonesome.

I hope New Year will bring me one of these ipoddy things.

Merry Christmas!
Jock Strap
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:54 am

Well done Jock--the first step is always the hardest.

Keep some of that Slimfast, I made need some. Have been on Fatfast recently.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby spangles » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:11 am

My present to you lot is a hearty slap on the back for keeping this thread as it was intended. Don't let anyone spoil it.

Merry Xmas and safe running in 2008.

Spangles.
spangles

Postby fiona28 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:16 pm

i never got any running gear this year despite the very big hints re me only having one pair of running trousers :cry:

but i do know a shy sister who is "just too affronted" to post that she got a garmin, running jacket and gloves and a subscription to runners world :D :D :D how lucky is that sister eh

i must haste to add that i did however receive many other beautiful gifts :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:39 pm

I got a Nike + iPod and it's brilliant. The little chip fits into any running shoe, plug attachment into end of ipod and run! You can then download your run onto computer when you finish and monitor your progress. You can also set it to give you spoken feedback during your run. :lol:

I also didn't receive any trousers so the shorts will have to do for summer and winter!
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:28 pm

I can see the minutes tumbling off the PB's in 2008.

Fiona28-when your sister works out the full potential of her Garmin, will you ask her to let me know. I'm wan of these folk that never reads instructions so I just play about with things to see how they work, but I'm absolutely sure that I'm not using it as it was meant.

Is there a pace on it that can get me under 1hr 30mins for the half?

Surely there's not a "hoorrafast" setting :shock:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run